“Not bad at all, comfortable stay.”

Wingate by Wyndham Greenville
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Greenville, North Carolina
“Not bad at all, comfortable stay.”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

My wife and I did not have reservations, but the girl at the front desk said there was room availalbe. The room was suprisingly cheap. The hotel was clean but could use some sprucing up to be as new as it is. The pool and spa were all cracked and the pool was over clorinated. The room itself was very clean and the bed was comfotable. Friendly staff and average breakfast. I would definatley stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed at Wingate for 3 days. The staff was so friendly and nice. They are always cleaning something at this hotel. Staff members stay busy, but always take time to say hello. Breakfast was good and hot. Lots to choose from and coffee all day and night. The room we stayed in was large and the beds slept great. We would stay again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Philadelphia
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Firstly, I liked the size of the Wingate. It was very cozy and friendly, and not large and noisey. The employees were very nice and helpful. I enjoyed the continental breakfast. The location of the hotel was excellent. We were in proximity to all of the stores where we enjoy shopping. Also, there were several great restaurants and eaterings in the area.

As a matter of fact Greenville itself, is a very nice town.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Rooms where very clean and stylish.I needed some extra linens.The manager brought them to my room himself,excellent customer service.Good variety for breakfast I was expecting maybe doughnuts and coffee.Lobby area is very eye appealing, has a classy touch to it.We were there June 3rd.(Fri.) the manager looked and acted very professional.I believe this was my first time staying at the Wingate but I do plan to use this hotel chain again.Thank you so much, outstanding job.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 January 2011

I felt compelled to join tripadvisor today to rate this hotel. I constantly use tripadvisor to aid in planning all my trips, and was worried when I researched this hotel after getting a great deal on priceline.

This hotel isn't anything special, but is far from the ratings I read before coming here. I stayed in a room with a king size bed, that was fairly comfortable, and the room/bathroom were very clean - the room also had a decent mini fridge, microwave, and coffee macine. The service at the front desk was friendly and accomodating, and the location of the hotel wasn't bad at all for business -- located close to numerous restaurants and a couple miles from downtown. They even have a small fitness room with a couple cardio and weight machines. I'm about to grab something quick from their breakfast, but I'm not expecting the Ritz.

All in all - not bad for a one night stay in town, especially for the ridiculously low rate - and I'm writing this from the "business center" with complimentary computer/printer/fax/typewriter/copy machine - not too bad at all.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank whodatdoc
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Booked Rooms months in advance for a family gathering. Family members from three different states arriving to find "No room at the Inn". Confirmed reservations were canceled without notice, during a weekend where ECU was playing a home football game. Very difficult time finding new rooms with very little concern from Hotel Manager. We referred to him as Dennis The Menace... Would NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank mBuckeyedon

Travellers are raving about these Greenville hotels

Reviewed 6 August 2010

Reserved 2 non-smoking rooms here for the end of July. Went to check in early and understandably was not able to check in, but asked if they could check our reservation. Guy behind the desk was a jerk and said no, I would have to come back later.

Well, I came back at around 2:30 and he said, "Yes, we have you two smoking rooms". I explained that was not what I reserved and he said that was what was on the computer. He said there was nothing he could do. Asked for the manager and received the "Manger is out and will return in 15 minutes speech". Waited for 30 minutes in the lobby and no manager so I pulled out my laptop, went on their wireless and reserved a room at a locally owned place called the East Carolina Inn which was very clean and nice and had the best customer service.

Don't stay at this place. It is about 2 blocks from one of the worst sections in town also.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family