“Very nice accommodations”

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Greenville
Columbus
“Very nice accommodations”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Stayed at the Baymont Inn in Greenville as a stopover on our way to the Outer Banks. Very nice hotel in a good location with good, clean accommodations and a friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely stay here again. Greenville is a nice little town, too.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dan50226

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Virginia
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stayed at The Baymount Inn for one night. Overall, the room was clean. No complaints there. The king size bed was comfortable, the pillows were surprisingly fluffy. In the room was a nice flat screen TV, microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, couch, coffee table and computer table. I was concerned about the Wi-Fi because of a review I read. But the Wi-Fi was great. I am in school online and I had schoolwork that had to be completed that night and I had no problems with the Wi-Fi. The ac unit was a bit loud but it kept the room nice and cool. The bathroom was clean, the water pressure was strong. The rooms are all outside. I mean you are not inside the hotel building. The lobby was separate from the rooms at the front of the building. There was not a connecting hallway or anything. The pool looked clean. I was impressed. We did not get in the pool though. I saw the vending machines, which were stocked. Soda machine with typical coke products. Laundry room with one washer and one dryer. The lobby had a business center with two computers. We did not eat the breakfast simply because we were already running late for a meeting. All that said I just have one small thing to add. The morning we were leaving. I got out of the bed and I noticed something black in the sheets. So I put my glasses on and it was an earwig. Just one. Now I freaked out because it was in the sheets. But my husband he just killed it and tried to reassure me everything was okay. I really did like the hotel for the price. It was clean and I truly do not have any complaints about the hotel but I had to add that piece of information.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank geronurse
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I would give this hotel 5 stars if I could because it is really such an excellent value. We paid under $60 a night for a recently renovated hotel in a good location--not bad at all! And the room was quite nice for such a price: comfortable beds, a flat screen tv, free breakfast, nice towels, good water pressure in the shower and none of that nasty cheap hotel smell. The place even had a nice, clean pool which I used and enjoyed a great deal.

But there were two things, perhaps small things to some people, which keep me from giving this hotel my highest recommendation. The first is that the internet access is virtually useless--so slow as to be nonexistent. My trip was such that I didn't have time to mess with the issue and used the business center computers instead to check my email, but if you must have workable in-room access, this place doesn't have it. Also, I overheard hotel staff talking to each other, and in their conversation they acknowledged that people were complaining about it, but for some reason they didn't think the problem actually existed! Very strange.

Also, we had a couple of small insects in the room--nothing too bad in NC in June, but if you are a stickler about that sort of thing, you might want to steer clear. Don't get me wrong, the room was clean, but those southern bugs take some effort to get rid of.

The upshot is that if you want a nice room for a good price and don't care about the internet access or a bug or two, this hotel would be a great choice.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank traveladdict98
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 June 2011

First time I stayed at a Baymont and was pleasantly surprised. These rooms have been upgraded with new sinks and new beds. Very comfortable. Attentive staff. Great value!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank ThePeterA
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Based on a review we read here, we thought we would try the Baymont. It was newly rehabbed. In fact, when we opened the door we got a whiff of paint. The beds are comfortable, linens new. The sink counters were granite, the towels fairly fluffy. The only downside is the water is "harder" than I am used to, but there was plenty of hot water. It was very clean.

The breakfast area was very nice, but the food wasn't too inspired. But if you just want to grab a muffin and an oj, then you are good to go!

The staff was very friendly. I would definitely stay here again and it is well worth the rates.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HorryTraveler
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I have driven past this place before and it was closed down. Well worth the wait because they did an awesome job with the renovation and my stay was a pleasure to say the least. Flat screen TV's, new beds, new bathrooms and guest rooms. We even got to watch a game on the monster TV in the lobby! We met the owner who did everything he could to make us feel welcome!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Luckeguy
BaymontGreenville, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Thank you for choosing Baymont Inn & Suites for your lodging needs and the kind review. We here at the Baymont Inn & Suites STRIVE to make each guest feel comfortable. I know first hand the the owner of the company put his heart and soul to make each room look and feel like home.

So once again we Thank you.