“Never again!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Greenville
Philadelphia, PA
“Never again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2008

I stayed at this property for 2 1/2 weeks on business. Toward the end of the 2nd week, my room became infested with ants. I asked to be switched to another room and the great guys at the front desk were more than happy to not only honor my request, but help me move my luggage into the new room. About 30 minutes after settling into the new room, I noticed a spider crawling on the bed. I took it with a grain of salt and continued to watch TV. However, just 10 minutes later a HUGE cockroach crawled across the wall! I immediately packed up my belongings and checked into the Best Western on the other side of town. While the staff at the Courtyard Marriott was exceptional, the cleanliness of this hotel was very sub-par. I would not recommend staying here. The Best Western is the way to go in Greenville.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Too many bugs!
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank wilsonbri1
GreenvilleCourtyard, Courtyard Staff at Courtyard Greenville, responded to this review, 1 September 2008
First, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay here at the Greenville Courtyard. We are aware that there were bugs problems and have taken the necessary precautions to correct this problem.

We have implemented Ecolabs Pest Control biweekly which is conducted by Ecolab's staff in every room. We assure you that this issue has been resolved and is no longer a problem at our hotel.

We pride ourselves on making sure our guest are 100 % Satisfied and invite you to visit us again. If there are any additional questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact us at (252) 329-2900.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2008

Just came back from staying there. Overall hotel is nice with standard courtyard amenities. Easy to get to as well from the airport. Only issues I had were the following: Breakfast - always seemed to be out of something (eggs for example) regardless if you were there first or last. Next point - this hotel tried to charge you a $1 because there was a safe you could use but didn't. Pretty cheap actually. I had it removed but the practice is pretty pathetic. Would I stay there again? Not if I had to pay for it but since my job did how could I turn it down.

Stayed February 2008
First, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We do fully understand your concerns and have made modifications. We make sure that we are fully stocked on all breakfast items and keep a very detailed inventory to insure this never happens again. Also, we no longer charge a dollar for the safe. This ameniy is now completely complimentary to the guests.

We greatly appreciate your comments and invite you to stay with us again.