“Nice place in GVegas”

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nice place in GVegas”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

The rooms were nice and clean. We actually were not able to use any of the amenities, so I can't rate them. The beds were very comfortable and I'm picky about my beds. The location is central, but no where in Greenville is too nice, so don't expect too much.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Concord, NC
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We usually stay here when we visit our daughter at ECU. Had a stay in August that could have been better. We arrived late and they put us on the first floor. I am a Marriott Gold Level member and my profile requests a high floor. Got a first floor room that was very close to the pool and bistro area. Room was humid and had a heavy moist feeling in the air and the bed. We went to the desk and they apologized and promptly moved us to the 2nd floor. That room was fine. If available, ask for a room in the new wing. It is a longer walk to the elevators and lobby but the rooms are better.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 30 July 2012

For the money we paid and the well known name of this chain, our stay was a huge disappointment. My family of four stayed here for six nights while visiting family in the area. The rooms are just too small for my husband, my two small children and myself. I was almost electrocuted by the iron and the replacement iron was only partially functional. If you want to do your own laundry, be prepared to wait in line because there's only one washer and one dryer for the entire facility. Multiple times our room keys wouldn't work and had to be replaced. I had to repeatedly ask for more towels just so each member of my family could have a bath towel, since they would only give us three when the room was cleaned. We came back to our room one night to find one of the beds unmade. The room only has very small refrigerator and no microwave. A few positive aspects are that it is right across from the hospital for those needing to be close, the staff is very friendly and the water pressure in the shower is great. Next time we are in Greenville, though, we will definitely stay somewhere else because there are just too many other choices to settle for this again!

Room Tip: I'm trying the Hampton Inn next time.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank outoftowner40

Travellers are raving about these Greenville hotels

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I have no idea why hotels in Greenvile, NC are priced the way they are. Stayed here for business on July 10th. For the same amount of money you can get a room at the Hilton.

Pros: located close to 264 East, nice lobby, nice room.

Cons: tv didn't work due to a storm, this is the first courtyard i stayed in that didn't offer the wall street journal; they had USA Today, which sucks! Also, since when is a bottle of water considered some sort of great prize? Marriott is a huge company and could do better if they gave it any thought.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank 7Patrick
Northern Virginia
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Stayed twice in June. Ask about special hospital rate. Very convenient to Hospital can walk across the street since parking is not free at hospital. Fire pit area and big screen in lobby provide relaxing area, complimentary waters at front desk are appreciated until they run out. Staff is very friendly and sympathetic of your needs, providing quarters for laundry and soap. I would def recommend to a friend.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank J M
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I had the opportunity to visit this property again this weekend and was not disappointed. The staff here is so friendly and helpful . We had a new room that was really nice. It is also very convenient to downtown, campus and the medical center. I really enjoy having a cocktail in the cool lobby in the evening before bedtime.the only issue I have is that breakfast is not included here even though i feel the rate is high enough that it should be.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank joan3boys
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed 18 March 2012

The staff was pleasant and helpful at check in. The lobby was clean, modern and newly renovated. The hotel is across the street from the hospital and about 10 minutes from downtown Greenville. The room was dated and showing it's age (especially the bathroom). Their was a nice flat screen t.v. in room and wireless throughout the hotel. The wireless wasn't strong in my room. I forgot to bring my foam pillow (allergies) and the staff was unable to find anything but feathered pillows. The lobby had a small bar, cafe, and mini market. We didn't use those services.

Room Tip: ask for a newer room, was told their was an old section and a newer section.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business