“Does not honor rate made online”

Courtyard Greenville
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I booked rooms through main Marriott online system and had reservation numbers with clearly stated rate. I met ALL of the requirements, yet I get a call two days later from Rick Johnson raising the rate making up some small print that is nowhere. I had valid, current military id's for the rate and have gotten it at ALL other hotels. Just because they are booked to nearly capacity does NOT make it right to throw out a booked military rate. . LONG story short...this man and hotel chain has NO HONOR. good luck if you book there!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank ncaggia

Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

Used this Courtyard for a quick one night stay I'm business trip.

Lobby has been updated to the latest design. Nicely done with lots of space.

My pleasant surprise was that my room had also been updated. Very nice setup. I especially liked having a full shower vs having to shower in a bath tub. Kudos for this new design.

Lots of nearby power plugs. Wireless Internet worked well with good speed.

The service was solid from a pleasant check in, to the very friendly person at the bistro in the morning.

Location is close to the airport. Across from medical center and easy in/out for roads.

I'd stay here again.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Excellent check in no problems.... The lobby was updated but the room needs some upgrading.... The staff was wonderful.... I didn't get a chance to try breakfast at the Bistro.....I will stay again.... Very quiet area & it's right across the street from the hospital....

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Acceptable for a short stay. Rooms could use updating --smallish bathrooms, older furniture, popcorn ceilings. Bed was comfortable. Downstairs lobby is nicely updated with modern lounge feel and food service

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Fcast2721
Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last night with my husband and son while we looked for my son an apartment in Greenville for next school year. The hotel has been remodeled and updated. Really liked the stand alone shower in the bath. Used points for our stay do can't comment on price. Will stay here again when in Greenville.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Paula S
Reviewed 6 December 2012

We spent Thanksgiving night at the Courtyard by Marriott in Greenville. The property was very clean and well-kept and the pool was great fun for our family. The best part was the staff. They were very friendly, accommodating, and helpful in getting us whatever we needed. We had a great stay and will definitely return when we need a place to stay in Greenville!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Pam O
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We have stayed at a number of hotels in Greenville. Two of my sons had attended ECU and that has allowed us to visit during all the seasons. This CY was a first for us and we thoroughly enjoyed the stay. We were in the new section so everything was clean and fresh. There was adequate parking. There was a relaxed feel to the hotel and our room was quiet. You get what you pay for so I feel the cost was reasonable for this day and age. It would have been nice if a free breakfast was included as many of the other hotels now offer.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family