“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Greenville
l1i2s3a
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is a very comfortable stay and is priced right. Definitely sets the standard for Courtyard.
-Staff was friendly and willing to go out of their way to make us feel comfortable. Check in was easy and friendly. The housekeeping staff was on the ball and did a great job. The staff at the cafe were fabulous…even staying open later as our group wanted to order drinks late into the evening. We had just a few minor issues and they were addressed immediately.
-They have a very nice indoor pool with a hot tub, a great lobby for congregating, and even an outdoor seating area with a fire pit for getting together.
-Location is good, accessible easily to ECU.
-Beds are comfortable and clean, bathrooms were well stocked with towels and the usual items.
-Nicely decorated.

I would definitely recommend the Courtyard for your stay. We will come here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank l1i2s3a

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Virginia Beach, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here with my husband on a one-night business trip.

What we liked:

1. Room was immaculate.
2. Room was very quiet. We weren't bothered by anyone.
3. Staff was helpful, smiling, and accommodating.
4. The room had a really nice layout. Sort of broken up, not everything dumped into a big room. The room we stayed in (king bed) was definitely more attractive than most in this price range.
5. AC worked well, which is important in NC in summer.
6. Large shower. Room to move around in. Faucet easy to figure out--this is not often the case in hotels.
7. Starbucks in the lobby. Wine and other refreshments too.
8. Hotel is near everything, and only minutes from historic downtown. Near the University and the freeway and many restaurants.
9. Free Wifi in room and it's a cinch to get onto it. I always hate giving away a lot of personal info about myself to logon onto free Wifi. Not necessary at the hotel. However, Greenville has free Wifi throughout the city, but you must give them your e-mail address and other personal info to access it, which we refused to do.
9. Price is good.
10. Several places around the room to charge phone or ipad. Often you only can charge your accessories at the desk, and there you are competing with your spouse. I liked charging my phone right next to my bed.
11. Indoor swimming pull and jacuzzi. Weight room. Laundry room.
12. Plenty of free parking.

What we didn't like:

1. My Starbucks grande latte was professionally prepared. But it tasted a little less delightful when I saw the receipt: $8. Next time I'll walk the few blocks to the independent Starbucks.
2. They had run out of plastic covers for the coffee so my husband had to carry it around the lobby and up the elevator to our room uncovered. Not ideal.
3. Although the AC was nice and cool, it blows directly onto the person sitting at the desk, which was profoundly annoying. I was trying to apply my makeup but had rafts of cold air blowing my hair all around. The air direction cannot be adjusted, so I had to turn off the AC to do my makeup. This should be addressed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators. A lot of university visitors stay here, and they tend to be...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Ginny000
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed at this Courtyard by Marriott on my recent trip to ECU. This was my first time at a Courtyard, but I have stayed at other Marriott properties before. I was very pleasantly surprised by how nice this hotel was! The hotel had been newly renovated and was clean. I was very impressed by the bathroom shower. The shower was very cleverly designed in that the water control handle is on the opposite side of the shower from the shower head. While you are trying to adjust your water to your desired temperature, you do not have to worry about getting splashed with scalding hot or frigid cold water. The floors were a little noisy in that I heard the person on the floor above me walking around. I would recommend this hotel to others. I will definitely be staying here again on future trips to the ECU campus!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank travel12335
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at many hotels with my job, and I'd have to rate this one as middle of the road. It was clean, room layout was decent, and the air conditioning was good. Only some small issues to note. The TV was grainy when the light was on (too many wires together), pillows were good and beaten to a soft lump of nothing, and the shower. .. that deserves it's own sentence. The shower was hard to get to a warm setting due to a weird handle. It had varying water pressure and would not come off the tub faucet fully. That and it made some great loud train whistle noises. Not the best part of the stay. Otherwise not a bad hotel, and I would honestly stay here again for the price. Just not what I've come to expect from a Marriott

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank mpr0317
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Myself and 3 other colleagues stayed at the Courtyard in Greenville, NC during the month of March 2014. The staff was incredibly nice! Every single person, from clerk to janitor, had at the very least a hello to say to us. The lobby is roomy, and they have a small restaurant. The rooms were spacious and updated. I recommend this, it's unclear to me how this is so low on the list for Greenville, NC. It's close to restaurants and the hospital -- though you couldn't really tell. It was quiet, and comfortable.

Green Features: The hotel allows you to keep your towels for up to 3 days, so that they conserve energy washing them.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Isabel O
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I got in late so I didn't really experience many of the amenities. All I was looking for was a comfortable bed and a quiet room, and that's what I got. My room was in the back of the hotel away from the adjacent hospital so I never heard any noise. The internet was fast and free. If I were spending more time in town, I would have stayed by the convention center, which has more restaurants nearby. But if you were visiting the hospital or any of the nearby medical facilities, the courtyard is a good choice.

Stayed March 2014
5 Thank MLNC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is not the newest Courtyard hotel and the location--directly across a highway from a busy hospital and emergency room--is not the most scenic. Still, it is clean and well-maintained, the staff is friendly, and my room was fairly quiet, despite the hotel having quite a few guests, if the number of cars in the parking lot was any indication. I was concerned that I would be kept up all night by the sound of ambulances at the hospital, but I do not recall even hearing one.

Room Tip: Request a room on the side of the hotel furthest from the hospital to avoid being disturbed by the s...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business