“This is the place to stay In Greenville, NC!”

Courtyard Greenville
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Last month I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Greenville, NC. I was in town for a week for a funeral and to visit some of my extended family in the next town and I could not have asked for a better stay. The staff was amazing in helping me get my luggage to my room, giving me suggestions on restaurants/shopping in the area, as well as directions on how to get there. I am sure if I were to encounter any problems they would have no problem in helping me solve it. They have wonderful new rooms which I was lucky enough to be able to stay in and they are incredible. Along with that they have a bar and bistro where I had delicious dinner and was able to connect with some of the staff. I came to Greenville under the worst circumstances and the staff from the front desk all the way to housekeeping made this stay as great as it could have been. Great hotel, great staff, and a great stay. I recommend this hotel to ANYONE traveling to Greenville.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Greenville

Reviewed 26 January 2011

Broken alarm system. Between January 21 and 25 fire alarms went off each nite. All between 1030 pm and 7am. Even after Eddie the GSM went out of his way to tell a few of us extended stay guests (i'll have been here for 16 days) that the issue was fixed.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 8 January 2011

I statyed at this hotel for 2 days, cost me $134.52 total. Family and friends discount!! They held a total of $380.00 on my check card. When brought to their attention, Manager Hannah took necessary steps to remove the holds with my bank. Next day, new holds! I checked out and paid cash to avoid any future charges. I arrived back home and found I had been charged for the room next to me which my sister stayed in, I was told by Eddie, Guest services manager, "until I provide them with credit card information for her, I would be responsible." I will be contacting an attorney in that state Monday morning! Take my advice, do not stay here! If you do they are bound to screw up your finances totally!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Latisae
Reviewed 22 October 2010

We loved our short stay in Greenville, SC. We have brought the kids for the weekend before but stayed in a different hotel. We were always in the car driving everywhere. The Courtyard by Mariott is close to everything! We parked the car on arrival and didn't need it until we left for home. Beautiful Hotel- walked to lunch, shopping, dinner, and church. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Visited East Carolina University with my 17 yr. old son and stayed here for 2 nights. Very easy check-in, helpful and pleasant staff. Room was very well equiped with nice linens, large comfortable chair, frig and great beds! We didn't want to go out in the rain for dinner, so we ordered from the bistro and brought it back to the room. Food was delicious, as it was the next morning at breakfast. The lobby is full of well designed areas with tables, chairs, sofas, private tvs and computers, a large flat screen interactive system to help you plan your activities and get directions, and a free coffee station all day. Although we didn't use it because of the rain, there is a nice exterior courtyard next to the indoor pool and fitness center. The only improvement would be to have the room rate include breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2010

We stayed at this hotel during Family Weekend for ECU. In our party it was my husband, 14 year old daughter and myself. We were actually fortunate to even get a place to stay, because as I found out, during football season, all the hotels seem to have a 2-night minimum and the prices go WAY up. In all fairness, I have to say that I don't know the price of a room when it's not football season, but this room, with 2 double beds, was $219 a night, and that was before tax and the internet fee they tack on. I also had to pay at the time I made the reservation. You would think for this price, there would at least be some type of breakfast offered, but no. Oh, they have breakfast, but they charge. The only free thing was coffee, and it wasn't anything to get excited about. The room was adequate, but again, nothing to get excited about. The carpet didn't look very clean, and the phone in our room didn't work. We used the pool and whirlpool, both inside, and both were just ok. No towels at the pool, we had to go to the desk and ask. The hotel is located very near train tracks, so we were awakened by train whistles throughout the night. Luckily, I had earplugs with me, and I definitely had to use them. Also, the hotel is across from the hospital; I figured we'd hear sirens, and maybe there were some but the earplugs blocked them out. All in all, I feel pretty robbed, especially since we stayed at the Hampton Inn during our last stay - the room there was under $100 and there was a very nice breakfast but there was no availability for this stay - it's one of the nicest hotels in the city, and next time we go, if we can't stay at the Hampton, we probably will just stay home!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Staff was very helpful & friendly. Average as Courtyard's go. Front desk was staffed by East Carolina Univ students - offered good suggestions as to local restaurants and info on ECU.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family