“Wonderful Service”

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Free Union, Virginia
“Wonderful Service”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The service provided by Cynthia Jones when we thought we had left a dress at the hotel could not have been better. She went above and beyond the call of duty to check for our missing item. She also followed it up with a phone call..

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Stayed here for an extended time last year and back again in 2012. Will not stay going forward. The entire staff has turned over and the new staff has either no training or no hospitality experience. My reservation was made through a corporate rate and no one knew how to assure it was direct billed. The reservations were incorrect and I had to pay extra to get a room on a higher floor even though they were not full. I am also a Premier member and no one recognized this nor read my profile. Noticed that the walls in my room were patched up and scuffed, carpets frayed, bedspread rough and the heating element sounded like a train and therefore I could not use it. Thankfully it was a warm week. The hotel really needs to train their employees and perhaps it's time for a makeover. After comparing my story with a colleague, she admitted to having the same issues. Just a little tender loving care would help.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Donna R
fow, Owner at Candlewood Suites Greenville, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
I sincerely apologize for your recent bad experience at our hotel. The hotel being only three years old, I don’t know how you could have been placed in a room that should have been out of order. During January we consistently had forty five rooms of various types available and our extended stay rates are well documented on the internet. We would never overcharge any guest and especially a valued guest like you that has stayed with us many times in the past. Several recent reviewers have expressed concerns over turnover among our Guest Service Representatives. We are proud to say we will give good employee recommendations for our valued employees in order to assist them in efforts to improve their careers. Three recent employees secured positions as a teacher with the Pitt County Schools, a local telephone call center representative and an executive secretary with a local engineering and contracting firm. Two of these employees have worked part time with us to assist in training our new Guest Service Representatives. We ask our Guests to be patient while we train our new employees.
Bolivar, Ohio
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Located just off the Ring road around Greenville, this Candlewood suites was convenient to ECU as well as travellers just breaking their trip overnight. The Candlewood suites are generally geared toward long stay guests and as such do not provide the same level of housekeeping and maid servicethat you would find in a traditional hotel. That is not a problem for us, especially since free laundry facilities and the full kitchenette in the suite makes this convenient for the family looking to spend a few days in one place.

The staff were friendly, all the facilities functioned and check in and check out were standard as with any of the Priority Club associated properties. This chain will not wow you with luxury, but for clean, modern and convenient requirements it serves well.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Stayed here in November, after a long drive and wanting to get some sleep, that didnt happen. The people next to us were partying til 2am, when I called the front desk to complain, their response was, "well there is a football game tomorrow so they are probably pregaming"...Are you kidding me?!?!?! The next day the fronk desk did nothing to fix the situation. I didnt even want to stay in this place the next night. If you want a quiet place, with caring, and responsible management...dont stay here!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank jlk0623
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I would highly recommend this location to any traveler coming to Greenville, NC. We stayed for a month and overall it was terrific. There are two minor things that i would say they could work on and that is vacuuming the common areas on a daily basis and cleaning the outsides of the trash cans, located at each end of each hall on each floor. Other than that all was FABULOUS. Anything i forgot, the staff was right there and willing to either get for me or shuttle me to where i could find it. Thanks for making a home away from home a true one.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We found this hotel to be very accommodating, from the staff to the room. Our suite was spacious, well supplied and very comfortable.
The kitchen area has plenty of storage and is supplied very well, the bathroom is large with plenty of counter space and the bedroom is separate from the living area. The staff was very friendly and helpful even on a busy ECU game day.
I will definitely stay here again and will use Candlewood if they are all this well set up and nice

• Stayed October 2011
Reviewed 28 September 2011

This is the worst place to stay in Greenville. The Camolot Motel is a better place to stay at then here. First off I have been staying there since 2009 and it was nice. I have stayed there lately and there was ants all over my room. I went downstairs to tell the person at the desk and they put me in a dirty room. I have been trying to get in touch with the Innkeeper since the football game. Each and everyday I have called to get some compensation for Friday nights stay. I have called in the morning and night and all I get is her voicemail. If you is looking for a nice place to stay this ain't it. One good thing is they have a store with snacks. DO NOT STAY THERE WORST PLACE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! PRICES ARE TOO HIGH!!!!

• Stayed September 2011