All reviewsshower pressurein townstayed herelarge fridgecooking utensilswashing dishesfree laundryfront deskfire alarmplace to staypleasure of stayingi highly recommend this hoteldefinitely stay here againcommon areasexcellent hotelbaseball tournamentstaff was very friendly
Reviewed 29 August 2012

This was the worst suites hotel I have ever seen. Although we had a reservation, we walked in, looked at the filthy room, and walked out. The place smells like a high school biology lab-- can't imagine what kind of chemicals they use to clean. Plenty of better suites hotels in the area at the same price. The Hampton inn is always reliable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Baseballmom60763
fow, Owner at Candlewood Suites Greenville NC, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

I am so concerned about your experience at the Candlewood Suites. Please call the hotel at 252-317-3000 and ask the General Manager for my phone number. Please give me a call so I can personally talk to you and get your recommendations for improvement in service at our hotel. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

I booked this room late and was exceedingly pleased to note my room's size, amenitites, cleanliness, layout, and very helpful staff. The pillows are remarkable and the kind reservation/lobby associates were very helpful in researching how I could purchase the pillows for personal use. I appreciate your staff taking my name to inform me of any cancellations for an already booked homecoming weekend. I look forward to continued stays at your facilities during my daughter's tenure at a local university. Great job Candlewood Suites!

Marshall S Major
Aldie, VA

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your wonderful comments.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

This was a stopover on the way to the beach. Were not looking for much. The rooms were nice, well stocked, almost weekly stay type rooms. Staff were nice, everything worked. But the main thing is we left a bag full of Rx Medications, called to let them know and when we came back through about 10 days later they had them ready for us and nothing was missing. Pretty amazing. Big medical center close, several restaurants. Overall nice experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again next year on your way to the beach.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

When my new employer offered to put me up for the first month of my relocation, I was very worried the digs would be less than great... enter Candlewood suites. Upon check-in they didn't have a record of my direct bill, but the staff was very helpful and explained I shouldn't worry about it, that it was their oversight and they would handle everything.

The check-in lady was extremely helpful, knowing I was new to the South- and let me know if there was anything she or anyone else on staff could do the help my transition be more smooth, not to hesitate to ask. (free washers and dryers too!)

The room was spotless, with granite countertops in kitchen and bath, nice furnature, soft sheets and pillows, and a nice flat screen TV. Only complaint is the TV is bolted to the dresser and I could not move it forward to hide stuff like my printer behind it... no big.

I have very much enjoyed the gas grill out on the patio, and spending a bit of time every once in a while with other travelers out there. On the weekends there is always a few folks either using the char or gas grill, and enjoying a beer while they do it. Great chance to keep from going crazy when you are all alone for a month. They also have a great little store inside that has free coffee and a bunch of other very reasonably priced items- eggs, cereal, sodas, microwave and packaged meals.

In closing I will simply add that the staff has been a great asset to me in the past several weeks. I have spent time sitting in the lobby in front of the desk watching the big screen and chatting about the south, Greenville, and attached cities. I have learned more here from the staff about the area, restaurants and local events than I have at work. When I had a small problem with my door key, the maintenance man that came over to fix it was such a gentleman and so helpful, it was like he was sent over from central casting. All in all a really great experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bed in it and you will do fine. :-)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

You are so kind. I wish we had a hotel full of Guest like you. You are what makes our jobs rewarding.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

My company stayed here for 2 months ant the stay was great.We had a total of 8 rooms and they were all very clean and comfortable.This was like a home away from home for all my guys.Great people,great fun and overall nice place.

Room Tip: My guys had there familys come stay with them and they were able to accomidate them to larger rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you for choosing us for your business accommodations. You and your employees were a pleasure to serve. You are welcome back anytime.