All reviewsshower pressurein townstayed herelarge fridgecooking utensilswashing dishesfree laundryfront deskfire alarmplace to staypleasure of stayingi highly recommend this hoteldefinitely stay here againcommon areasexcellent hotelbaseball tournamentstaff was very friendly
Reviewed 6 November 2012

....but that's about it. Nothing special. Room was small and pretty dark. Bed and bedding were comfortable - very soft. Shower pressure was awful - just a drizzle. I also don't like the Candlewood practice of not cleaning the rooms daily. Homewood Suites is a similar style, but their rooms are still cleaned daily. Part of the pleasure of staying in a hotel is having someone else clean up for you, fresh towels and sheets, etc. That doesn't happen here.
Still, it was quiet and clean and available when we needed it. So would we stay again? Maybe --- if our regular favorites weren't available.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank VacationMama08
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We had a situation where Hotels.com double booked our stay. Joanie the desk clerk took upon herself to correct the mistake with hotels.com. Her professionalism was exceptional in correcting the problem while always having a Smile on her face. Joanie is a great asset to Candlewood Suites. Jim

Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Jim T
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I'm a distance ed student at ECU, and I come here for an overnight stay maybe twice a year. This is where I've stayed for my last three trips. My room was definitely clean. However, I did have some neighbors who kept their TV inappropriately loud at 1:00 AM. I was just short of calling the front desk to report them when they turned their TV off. The lack of a regular breakfast doesn't bother me at all. This location isn't the most convenient to ECU's central campus, but it works.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank phm3
fow, Owner at Candlewood Suites Greenville NC, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Thank you for being a valued guest at the Candlewood Suites. Please feel free to notify the front desk anytime you are disturbed by by an adjacent guest or have a problem of any type. We want you to be comfortable and enjoy your visit to our hotel.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at this property the first week of June 2012. We were in the area to visit my sister and her family. My nephew was going through chemo . We were satisfied with the 1 bedroom suite we stayed in. We were traveling with our mini dachshund that weighs about 13 pounds. During our stay, when approximately 4 feet away from our door, a guest across the hall opened his door with his dog. He dropped the leash and his dog (approximately 40 pounds) attacked our dog. It was so scary; I could not even see our dog. My husband had to pull his dog off our dog and all we could hear was her crying. The other guest had his dog on a retractable leash. The other guest went down to the front desk and said our dog attacked his dog. How amazing that a 13 pound dog would be capable of attacking a 40 pound dog! I also went down to talk to them and mentioned the type of leash that he was using because you have no control with those types of leashes. The staff never apologized or talked to them about the leash. I was so glad to get out of there. I never let my dog walk inside by herself again during our stay.

We went back to this property on August 24th and checked out on August 30th. The trip was to attend my nephew's funeral. I made the reservation through the central number. I am a platinum member of priority club which entitles me to a free upgrade. The reservationist stated that I should not have a problem getting a one bedroom using the upgrade but to call a day prior to check-in. When I called, I was first told that they did not have any 1 bedrooms available because there was a football game at the university that weekend. I knew that wasn't true because my brother is an alumni member goes to all the home games and that there wasn't a games until labor day weekend. They told me that some people would be checking in early. We were leaving on Thursday and they stuck by their story. I asked my brother if people would be checking in that early and he said no. They then put me through to the manager and she stated that they do not allow pets in their 1 bedrooms. This is not stated on their website. I explained that I would be staying for a week and that the reason for the stay was for a funeral. She said they were under new management and couldn't allow it. I called guest services at priority club and was told that they should have updated their web page if that is their rules.

I could have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express with my pets which would have been a lot closer to my sister and would have had the same amount of space. I will not be staying at this property again. They should state on their web page that pets are only allowed in their regular rooms that way people traveling with pets are not deceived.

Room Tip: Pets not truly allowed.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
fow, Owner at Candlewood Suites Greenville NC, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites. I am sorry for the loss of your nephew and hope your next visit to family in Greenville will be a much happier time. We enjoyed having you and your pet and do apologize for not being able to provide the room up grade you requested.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

I actually like Candlewood Suites and other extended stay hotels, but they do not offer breakfast in a day and age when most hotels do. Additionally, the room was not that nice. The furniture was old and non-contemporary, and the couch had a big, nasty stain on it that housekeeping didn't even bother to conceal by flipping the pillows on the other side. Perhaps the side shown was best of the two sides...who knows. I didn't even bother to check after seeing that! Additionally, there was HAIR in the refrigerator (?????). After seeing the problems with the room, I was creeped out for the remainder of the night and kept feeling as though creepy, crawly things were all over me. They likely were not, but I felt like it! And as a result, I got absolutely NO SLEEP. For these reasons, I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Your guess to getting a good room is as good as mine!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
fow, Owner at Candlewood Suites Greenville NC, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Please tell me you reported your disappointment to our Guest Service Representative so we can take proactive measures to solve this problem. If not please give our GM a call to receive my personal telephone number. I want to know what room you were in so we can pinpoint this problem. Thank you for your candid response.