Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Greenville/University Med
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Greenville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Charlotte
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

The front desk employees were friendly and informative. They were attentive to us and were able to address any questions that we had about the area. The room was clean ansd well-equipped.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

High Point
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

The hotel is close to ECU campus which I liked and the rooms are in excellent condition and the staff is great!!

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

MicrotelGreenville, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Greenville/University Med, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Dadeline,

We want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor and for your comments. We look forward to see you in our hotel again.
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed here over family weekend at ECU. Had to leave another hotel,Home Town Suties, due to roach/bug issues and found Microtel to have room cancellations. It was perfect, great location, comfortable beds, wonderful staff, I believe it was Cynthia that checked us in at 2:00am. Breakfast in the morning was very good, family loved the waffles, the coffee was a bit weak but hey I can live with that. We were on bottom floor beside stair well and exit door. At times could be a bit noisy, but at that time we were all awake adn ready to get the day going.
When returning to ECU we will definitley see if Microtel has rooms.

Dear David,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a detail review about your experice at our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am very happy to hear how much we were able to help make your family weekend expirience better. I will make sure the employee you mention read your comments. Again thank you and look forward to see you in hotel again.
Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed here twice, once during ECU's graduation and another time during a game weekend. During graduation weekend, our family member was charged for the room that we had pre-paid for and had to go directly to the credit card company to get the refund. During a football game weekend we were kept up almost all night by what sounded like a wrestling match in the room above ours. It went on all night and well into the morning (finally stopped around 10am). Upon check out I was asked for my room keys and I stated that I had left them both in the room. The employee gave me a hard time stating, "I need you to go get your room key." I repeated that I had left them both in the room and he replied, "We ask for them to check you out so we know you can't go back in there." I repeated that I had left them in the room (third time), and stated that someone with a master key could go in and retrieve them. He said, "That person is me. You see, you just made my job that much harder." I could not believe that he was speaking to me like that after I had just paid for two rooms (one for myself and one for friends) for the night! He was very rude and had a terrible attitude. After two terrible experiences, I would not stay here again and do not recommend that you do either. There are many other comparably priced hotels nearby and I will definitely choose one of them next time.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, stay on the top floor to avoid noisy people above you.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Big Flats
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were looking for an inexpensive room for one night on our emergency trip to Greenville. We found a clean room, good value, at this hotel. The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast in the morning was ok. Nothing to write home about. But we weren't there for the breakfast. It was close to the hospital which was exactly what we needed. We would consider staying there again should the need arise. And they offer a discount for family members that have loved ones in the hospital.

Dear jenbenton,

We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review and commnets on Tripadvisor about your stay in our Microtel Inn & Suites-Greenville Nc. We are also pleased that you found our hospital discount and rooms accomodating. Thanks again for the comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Jose
Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I need a clean, well-priced and nearby place to stay the morning before my interview at Brody School of Medicine, and Microtel Inn & Suites provided just that. The rooms are very clean and the staff super friendly. They certainly made me feel welcome my first time in Greenville.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Dear CJonesUNH,

Thank you so much for selecting our hotel on your important visit to Greenville. Also, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to have you during this important day for you and we appreciate you mentioning how much we met your expectations. Again thank you for your comment and look forward to have again in our hotel.