“CPW: Greenville NC”

Price range: US$20 - US$30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Arlington & Stantonsburg
Description: CPW's has Italian roots paired with a culinary exploration of global and ethnic food styles.
Atlanta, GA
“CPW: Greenville NC”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Went to this place for lunch as it was recommended by a local. The service is very prompt, plenty if seating and good food. The South Beach Quesadilla was my choice and it was great.

Ralph W, Owner at CPW's Fine Food and Spirits, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thanks for your visit and your comments!

Flat Rock, North Carolina
“CPW's Tucked Away But Worth the Trip”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Rotating menu. Really good food at fair prices. Please try this place when in Greenville, NC. I had 2 meals here. The first time I had an excellent Chippino and the second time I had a wonderful seafood pasta.

Visited July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words!
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Maybe It Was Us...”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Maybe it was us but our meals did not wow us. With the reviews we were expecting an amazing meal but it was just okay. Service was not great and we were seated in a high traffic location and still were pretty much ignored. Probably worth another try some time.

• Visited May 2014
Ralph W, Manager at CPW's Fine Food and Spirits, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank You for you comments. Athough that's not the message we love to hear, I am glad to have that info and I apologize for the shortcomings of your visit. Hopefully you will allow us a second chance to show you our stuff. Please email me through our website and I will take care of your next experience. You deserve it! Thanks again!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great food and great staff!! I would also suggest them for business meetings for small to medium sized groups. Can't say enough about this group.

• Visited October 2013
Ralph W, Owner at CPW's Fine Food and Spirits, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thanks You. We love to host business events and appreciate the Kudo's!
Virginia Beach, VA
“This really needs to be two reviews”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I wish I could separate my review into two, one for service and one for food. But alas. We visited Greenville on business for one night, my husband and I, and so we showed up at CPW's based on reviews we read here.

What we liked:

1. Truly wonderful staff. From the young woman who opened the door for us, to the smiling and accommodating hostess, to the attentive young man who waited at our table. Kudos to the staff all around.
2. Warm bread and butter. Thank you. It was delicious.
3. Riesling. Perfect. Not too sweet, not too tart. Priced right. Hubby said his beer was wonderful too.
4. Salad: The salad was fresh and it was cold, but it was pretty much what you would expect of a house salad. They do have a nice selection of dressings.

What we didn't like:

1. I had my taste buds all ready for a good, hot plate of authentic bolognese, but I knew the second that the plate was put in front of me that this was bad news. The excessive spiciness of the red sauce that hit my nose--it was a red sauce, not a bolognese sauce--was the tip off that I was about to take a bite of typical Americanized "Italian" food. An overcooked, ridiculously spicy sauce that is so far away from the real deal. I was soooooo disappointed. Where was the hint of cream and ground pork? Just spices, spices, spices. At least the pasta was cooked al dente. This singular disappointment brings down the star rating of this restaurant. It's an Italian restaurant. If they can't get this right, then they have utterly failed. Sorry to say, we won't return on our next trip to Greenville.

2. We ordered a pastry style dessert, a fried dough thing filled with cream cheese, and, we were told, it also had banana in it. Neither my husband nor I discovered any banana, though the cream cheese was very pleasant tasting. But it was room temperature, neither hot from the fryer (it was a fried dessert) nor cold from the frig, which we found odd and unappealing. It was served over ice cream, which appeared to be beaten somehow so that it was filled with air. It wasn't a bad dessert. But it wasn't the most memorable either.

3. We had to wait and wait for grated cheese to be delivered to our table. The spaghetti continued to cool, uneaten. Finally I got up and bothered some waitress about it. I wish that wait staff would bring condiments to the table with the food. Why sit in front of your food, waiting for some customary sauce or cheese to be delivered, while your food gets cold?

• Visited June 2014
Ralph W, Owner at CPW's Fine Food and Spirits, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thanks for your comments.
While I was executing the initial concept of CPW'S, I was quite careful not to use the word Italian in the name, menu, advertising, or description of this restaurant. I understand that we all have our beloved Italian dishes and it would not be prudent to attempt to reproduce them all. It just ain't possible to make everyone agree that it is authentic. Italian roots may be more accurate. My goal is to create dishes that just taste good and reflect appropriate ethnic characteristics. I called the sauce Bolognese because I did not want to say Meat Sauce. Very Cafeteria sounding. I do understand what real Bolognese and I stand corrected. Thank you for the bringing some positives to the review as well. We take food and proper service very seriously here at CPW's. Thanks Again!