“Great dinner!”

Dining options: Reservations
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“Great dinner!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We had a delicious dinner tonight! It was the BEST tempura I ever had! Everyone else loved their dishes. My son and husband loved their sashimi. The saki was amazing! Great service! Highly recommended!

1 Thank Judith C

Greenville, North Carolina
“Not as good as it used to be, still good.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This used to be my favorite sushi place in town. It is now under new management (as of about a year ago), the former owners opened Shogun on Arlington Blvd. It is still quite good. They have recently branched out on their specialty rolls and done some interesting new things. Most of these are a bit pricy though. Last time I was there I ordered the spicy tuna (as I almost always get this one, everywhere) and was really unimpressed. The crunchy bits were soggy, the flavor was bland, and the roll just didn't seem worth it. Everything else was good, including a special a friend got that was topped with steak. The sweet potato roll is excellent.

All said, given my pick, I go with Shogun. Second choice is Wasabi 88 (pricy, but consistently good). Then here. Still good food, easy to agree to if friends want to go here, but not top of my list.

• Visited June 2014
Greenville, North Carolina
“Great lunch sushi; terrible at dinner!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Everyone I asked about Japanese food in Greenville told me that I should eat here. After looking at Trip Advisor reviews, I tried this place for lunch. The sushi rolls were 3 for the price of 2 (around $11-13 for specialty rolls). They were very good and lots of food. Excited about good Japanese food (we lived in Japan for two years), I took my family there for dinner and we were extremely disappointed. The fried soba was terrible--too limp and greasy. The Bento boxes (no longer on the dinner menu due to a mistake, but available) are a lot of food and not too bad, but not great. The "ginger" dressing on the lackluster salads was not Japanese ginger, but more a mustard flavoring. The restaurant was slightly under half full, but service was very slow.

Go for lunch for the better prices and stick with the sushi!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank RRRice
“Yummy sushi”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This place has the best crab cream cheese roll by far. I'm from New Jersey which has some awesome sushi places and Tokyo reminds me of home. Tokyo is also reasonable priced and they have endless amounts of different kinds of sushi rolls.

• Visited June 2014
Tarboro, North Carolina
“Consistently great”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Our favorite restaurant in Greenville, and one of our favorite sushi restaurants anywhere. Their rolls are great, but sashimi and nigiri is where Tokyo really shines. It is superbly fresh every single time. Be sure to check out the specials written on the board outside before you walk in the door - there are often some unique and delicious items you won't find on the menu.

Shogun, Tokyo's sister restaurant (same owners and menu) is equally great, but with a more upscale atmosphere. We happily frequent both restaurants!

• Visited March 2014