“Nice, older hotel -- that's not a chain!”

Holiday Inn Greenville
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We only stayed one night for a HS Reunion. The hotel was clean & older, but well maintained. The staff was fantastic, very accomodating and the event staff running the Reunion in their ballroom was on top of everything. The bartender was exceptionally nice, well versed in mixology; the catering staff made sure that as the ordered food ran out that they compacted it making it look fuller and not so sparse; and even though they didn't have a "wait staff" per say, they did have several people coming around to clear tables and asking to fill non-alcoholic beverages. Overall, everyone did a very good job of making our stay comfortable and making the High School Reunion a successful event!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 July 2012

I have planned and held several event at the City Hotel and Bistro during the past year. I found the room accomadtions more than adequate with upgrades having been made and more coming. The resturant serves quality food and the service has been outstanding. My events were relatively small 20 to 30 people but some were held at the same time other larger groups with in the facility. when that happed I never saw a drop in quality or service. The manage team in place has done an great job in assembling a quality driven team. I reccommend this place to anyone needing to host an event for up to 100 people.

Room Tip: I always have used a king room and each one used has exceeded my expectations. Rooms overlooking the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We were traveling with our small dog and it was one of the few hotels in the area to accept them, so that was our number one reason; we were in the area checking it out as a possible option to move here; the hotel was clean, had granite counters and showers, but older carpet, nice bedding material though that seemed very clean, bed were comfortable, older TVs, but adequate, not flat screens, breakfast was VERY GOOD and not just continental, it was a true southern with grits, scrambled eggs to die for, toast, biscuits, yum, and excellent coffee, strong and hot, I am a starbucks junkie and this coffee was pretty darn good, not a bad place really.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor near the end, good area and good a/c in the room that was cool and not...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
candace0904, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you!

Reviewed 8 May 2012

We were in Greenview for our Granddaughter's graduation from ECU. The room was in excellent condition, staff was very friendly, breakfast was great. We found the staff and music in the Bistro room to be great. By the way we did not find any grease in our breakfast at all.
Thanks to all of you for a very pleasant stay. Hope we will be back someday.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again soon. Go Pirates!!!

Reviewed 6 May 2012

This was our second time staying in the City Hotel in Greenville. This time we had 2 rooms and were there for our son's graduation from ECU. When we returned from the graduation around lunch time, one of our doors was unlocked. We entered the room and discovered that housekeeping had been there since we left, so we knew who was responsible. Luckily, nothing was missing. We reported this to the front desk manager. He said he would find out who cleaned the room. We never heard another word. When we checked out, we complained again, and they took $20 off of our bill. This really wasn't acceptable to me. I think the manager should have followed up with us and offered a discount without us bringing the problem up a second time. Other than that, it is a middle of the road hotel. Nothing special, but not terrible. The pillows were lousy and there were no towel racks in the bathroom. The room was clean, the pool was nice, lobby is nice. A hot breakfast is included, but it was definitely eastern NC style, which means lots of grease. They did have yogurt, fruit, cereal as well. A mini fridge and microwave in the room were helpful. We have stayed in better and worse in Greenville.

Room Tip: on a busy weekend, the elevators are very slow, so a lower floor might be better.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Startp

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for your door being left open. The doors should close all the way without being pulled to. The front desk manager did inform maintenance of the situation after you checked out and the door was repaired. I have also addressed this with our housekeepers and they know to make sure the doors close behind them when they leave the rooms. I am sorry that you did not feel you were adequately compensated. Please contact me prior to your next visit to Greenville and I will gladly upgrade you to a suite. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

This was the first time ever staying at City Hotel and Bistro. The service there excelled my expectations. Very clean and friendly staff. The breakfast was THE BEST. The rates were great. I world definately stay there again when I'm in the area!!! Also located right across from shopping center.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
candace0904, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Greenville.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

I visited this hotel in April for a business meeting. I will say this hotel is beautifully decorated, the attend to each detail of service. The carpet in my room appeared new. The room was very well clean and set up with plenty of space. I stayed in Rm 343 - king size room. One thing I found odd though was, there were no towel racks in the bathroom to hang your hand towel or bath towels on, althought these were rolled up very beautifully on the sink.

It appeared everything was focused on detailed appearance. I did not enter the Bistro Restaurant/bar, however I did see a menu, most items looked good but maybe a little pricey. The hotel provided buffet breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, gravy, biscuits and then the traditional hotel buffet breakfast fare. The breakfast was only average, wasn't the best I had eaten at a hotel restaurant before, but it was included in the room rate for my stay so I can't complain.

The conference rooms were large, comfortable and able to see video's easily. The staff did a good job of keeping the coffee, water, soft drinks, and break food items stocked.

Maintenance was consistently keeping everything very neat.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review!