“Nice hotel if you want to save few bucks”

Holiday Inn Greenville
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I was at the city hotel & bistro for business couple of times. Its a value property with decent amenities. You definitely don't get the luxuries of a 4 or 5 star hotel, but for what you pay, its well worth it. Front desk is very friendly and willing to take your requests. Beds are nice, fairly comfortable ( I have slept in better beds but those are the star ones), decent sized rooms that wont make you feel claustrophobic, and a decent breakfast array. There are the usual bunch (H****ns and M*****tts) in the neighborhood, but dollar to value, this one wins.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Picked up daughter from ECU and needed a hotel for the night. Little older hotel, but service was friendly.The room was great. Didn't turn on television or use ice machine. We were on the first floor, but heard little noise. Hallways remind you that you can choose a smoking room, but our room had no orders. Bed was comfortable, and we felt very safe. Was able to get dessert from hotel bar at 10pm which was great! Breakfast in the morning was Terrific.On par with Embassy Suites minus the omelet station. Great hotel in Greenville.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Our hotel was stay was disappointing. The room we were originally assigned was cleaned with a ton of carpet deodorizer. It was so strong we had to ask to switch rooms. The front desk was very nice and upgraded our room. The next room was clean and did not have any annoying smells. What really upset me was the ice machines. I used the one on the fourth floor and had chunks of green algae in my cooler. They were the size of very small leaves. I was disgusted so I used the one on the third floor with no problems. Until the next day when I used the ice machine and found the same thing. I am so glad I only used the ice for my cooler and not drinks. I did not tell the staff mainly because I didn't care enough to listen to the apologize. Its a hotel and things happen. The staff was great and the lobby was nice. The rooms were clean but the red carpet was hideous. The price was good compared to the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill S
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I have stayed in this hotel about 6 times now and I never leave disappointed. They have a very friendly staff and a awesome breakfast buffet. Plenty of restaurants nearby as well. The have a nice bar that features live entertainment on Friday & Saturday nights. Although the place is a little older, they have done an excellent job of keeping the room modernized and clean. A great value and a must stay in Greenville.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2013

This is a good value, the complimentary breakfast buffet was very good. The service was top notch and friendly. There was plenty off spaces for our dog to walk outside the hotel. We did not get to go to the lounge but it was rockin' with live beach music as I passed through the lobby on our second night. I we will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Stayed here during a 4 day personal weekend trip... Hotel was so accommodating providing shuttle service to and from the airport driver was amazing and so helpful with luggage and even brought me to do some local shopping before i checked in.. Front desk staff was friendly informative and extremely helpful.. I was also impressed with the cleanliness of the hallways lobby and the room i stayed in was on the 3rd floor non smoking room... Was comfortable quiet and peaceful... My overall experience was great... I will always stay here at the city hotel and bistro every-time i head into Greenville.. Pricing was reasonable and they also accommodated my late check considering my flight back to Rhode Island was at 7pm for a reasonable fee i was able to stay at a later check out..

Room Tip: Stayed on the 3rd floor was clean peaceful quiet .. No complaints
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here during a class reunion visit. Clean and comfortable hotel. Close to restaurants, convention center and stores. They have bands that play on certain nights and they played a variety of music. Good stay.

• Stayed: March 2013