Holiday Inn Greenville
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Camelot Inn(Greenville)
View Hotel
All reviewscity hotel and bistroroom was cleanconvention centerfront desk staffhi expresshigh school reuniongranite countertopssmall bathroombuffet breakfastcracker barrelan older hotelhave stayed at this hotel severaloutdoor poolbottled waterthe young ladyminute drivecollege visit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2013

While the choices have increased in Greenville to meet the needs of the medical community, I love the value of the City Hotel. State (and I believe federal) employees get a discount, as do the usual suspects, e.g. AAA. While the rugs and the furniture might not be brand new, everything is usually in order; and if it isn't, someone will fix it. The breakfast buffet is not your usual grab a stale muffin, but a delicious, fresh meal, including wonderful bi.scuits. There are always healthy choices, including yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, and fresh fruit. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The beds are nice and comfy.

Room Tip: The king rooms are better than the ones with two doubles, and the junior suites are awesome. The junior suites tend to look out on the back parking lot though. The best views are those overlooking the pool--really isn't that much to look at on Greenville Blvd.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This hotel is a wonderful place to stay! Clean, restaurants on site and pool/exercise room for you to enjoy while staying there. The front desk staff were all extremely helpful and polite. The breakfast included in the room charge was better than many of the "free" breakfasts offered by other places. This hotel is near the convention center, if you are attending one, and is pretty close to East Carolina University. I used an AAA discount and found this to be quite a bargain. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Our room was facing the street but we were not bothered at all by street noise. Be sure to turn on the dehumidifiers that are provided in every room!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I was at the city hotel & bistro for business couple of times. Its a value property with decent amenities. You definitely don't get the luxuries of a 4 or 5 star hotel, but for what you pay, its well worth it. Front desk is very friendly and willing to take your requests. Beds are nice, fairly comfortable ( I have slept in better beds but those are the star ones), decent sized rooms that wont make you feel claustrophobic, and a decent breakfast array. There are the usual bunch (H****ns and M*****tts) in the neighborhood, but dollar to value, this one wins.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Picked up daughter from ECU and needed a hotel for the night. Little older hotel, but service was friendly.The room was great. Didn't turn on television or use ice machine. We were on the first floor, but heard little noise. Hallways remind you that you can choose a smoking room, but our room had no orders. Bed was comfortable, and we felt very safe. Was able to get dessert from hotel bar at 10pm which was great! Breakfast in the morning was Terrific.On par with Embassy Suites minus the omelet station. Great hotel in Greenville.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Our hotel was stay was disappointing. The room we were originally assigned was cleaned with a ton of carpet deodorizer. It was so strong we had to ask to switch rooms. The front desk was very nice and upgraded our room. The next room was clean and did not have any annoying smells. What really upset me was the ice machines. I used the one on the fourth floor and had chunks of green algae in my cooler. They were the size of very small leaves. I was disgusted so I used the one on the third floor with no problems. Until the next day when I used the ice machine and found the same thing. I am so glad I only used the ice for my cooler and not drinks. I did not tell the staff mainly because I didn't care enough to listen to the apologize. Its a hotel and things happen. The staff was great and the lobby was nice. The rooms were clean but the red carpet was hideous. The price was good compared to the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple