“Another great stay!”

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Tampa, Florida
“Another great stay!”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Friendly welcoming and exiting staff. Clean and inviting lobby, rooms were clean, beds were comfortable. Breafast is typical for a Hampton Inn (begals, toast, oatmeal, fruit, yogert, cereal, waffles). Great place to stay in Greenville.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed 12 July 2012

One of my favorite Hampton's. The decor is beautiful and you get all the cleanliness and comfort of Hampton. The staff went above and beyond for me every visit.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Mickey2go
TN
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We travel to Greenville regularly to visit family. We usually stay at the Wingate, but decided to try the Hampton this time since it also has an indoor pool (our main requirement for our daughter who loves to swim). We were disappointed with this Hampton Inn for a number of reasons.

1. We specifically chose the Hampton for the indoor pool for our 8 year old who loves to swim. We actually forgot her bathing suit and ran to Wal-Mart to buy one our first night in Greenville. We then headed excitedly to the pool, but it was a terrible mess that night. No towels. Dirty. Stuff all over the place. Some teenage girls having a party had left it a mess and no one came to clean it. Myself and another guest actually tried to clean it up a bit so it wouldn't be so gross. But we got into the pool for a few minutes and left because there was lots of hair and a few bugs in the pool. Surprisingly, the next morning the hotel had decided to empty and paint the whirlpool and the smell while they were painting made it impossible to swim in the pool. It was completely unusable for the next two days of our stay. I am not sure why no signs were posted about this taking place and why no one told us at check-in that they had plans to paint the pool this weekend.

2. Being disappointed, we spoke to someone at the front desk who told us the manager was off, but promised us the manager would contact before we checked out the next day. The manager never contacted us. We again stopped at the front desk as we were checking out. The girl at the front went to the back office and returned to say they had to paint the pool this weekend because it was low occupancy. So it was the best weekend for them to do it. We were told we should be happy that at least we got to use it a liitle the first night (when it was dirty with no towels). The manager never came out to talk to us. We explained that had we been told they were painting the pool, we would not have stayed there. The girl at the front then offered to comp us one night.

3. Overall, the service here seemed well below usual Hampton service. One morning at breakfast the waffles were sticking to the waffle maker. The person in front of us was looking for some spray. So we asked the hostess if they had any spray and we were told "I spray it once at the start of breakfast and that's it."

4. I went to print boarding passes at the computers in the lobby but they would not print. No one who worked there seemed to know how to get the printer to work. Finally someone came out and said the printer works terrible all the time...it would take 20 minutes to print a couple of pages. They offered to print them from behind the desk where they have laser printers that work great. My question is why is there a printer that they know doesn't work well in their computer area for guests?

We have stayed at many Hampton inns over the years, but we will not be staying here again...we will be at another hotel. For $120/night in Greenville NC, you can do better.

• Stayed May 2012
7 Thank Dan A
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
I sincerely apologize about the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. While the service and experiences you describe are unjustifiable and will be addressed, I want you to know that we truly do try to do everything possible to make sure situations like this do not occur. No guest should ever feel unwelcomed or that their issues are unvalued.

We strive to go above and beyond to ensure guest expectations are not just met, but exceeded. Taking the time out of your day to give us feedback, whether it be positive or negative, means the world to us and is the key to our success here at the Hampton.

We have invoked the Hampton 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for your entire stay to apologize for your disappointments. If you have any further questions, comments, suggestions or think of anything we can do to make you want to try us again, we would love to hear more from you.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again sometime soon.

Warm Regards,

Jennifer Haskell
Red Bank, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We were in Greenville to care for our daughter who was having surgery, thus not a holiday visit. We had stayed in other properties in Greenville and had not been happy. My room was large and very clean. The staff was exceptionally helpful and when they heard that reason for our visit, offered that the hotel had a hospital discount . As it turned out my room was already discounted, but I appreciated the offer. Breakfast, which is included in the room price, may be sparse by international standards, but there was plenty, including fresh entree's, fruit and breads in unlimited quantity. The staff made sure that everything was restocked and asked if anyone needed assistance. Hot coffee, tea and cocoa are available all day, and a managers reception offered with wine and cheese. All in all, very well done.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank parpea
Maastricht NL
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I've had booked the hotel for 2 weeks, but after 3 days decided to switch to the Hilton next door.

1. Disabled Room instead of normal room.
The room I got was a disabled person room with wheel share access, but there where still a lot of normal rooms left. No clue why the initial booked me to that room.

2. Bad Shower
The bathroom had a walk in shower that only contained a shower curtain and a water drain in the floor. I nicely closed the shower curtain, but during my showering a lot of water was spilled outside the shower area. This resulted in a lot of water on the floor in the bathroom and when I was finished showering, the bathroom floor was all wet, so no good spot left to dry off.
Conclusion, bad design of walk in shower...

3. The breakfast area and food gave me the idea was going on a picknick :-(
There where no real plates, only plastic plates
There where no real knives, only plastic knives
The sitting area was small with small tables and no descent chairs to sit in.
I'm from Europe so I used to eat bread with cheese / meat in the morning.
There was no cheese / meat included in the breakfast, only sweet stuff to put on the bread..

4. The mentioned bad combination of things, made me decide to go out for breakfast in the morning and switch hotels to the Hilton next door.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank TheDutchGuy101
hamptongv, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
I deeply apologize for your disappointing experience with us during your recent stay. After researching your reservation, it looks like a travel agent reserved the Accessible room. I am so sorry this room did not meet your expectations. The shower that is designed for guests in wheelchairs can be a challenging layout, and I understand the issues that you may have experienced were frustrating.
Your comments about our breakfast are very valuable to me and I apologize that both the food and the design were not up to your standards. I am glad that you were able to find what you needed at our sister property, the Hilton. Thank you gain for taking the time to share your comments, my belief is that there is something to be learned from all of our guests.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 29 March 2012

New, clean, next to East Carolina University as well as the Convention center.
A very enjoyable experience and a comfortable night sleep. A perfect place to stop in the middle of a long drive.
The continental breakfast made the morning even better.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Travelinbob19
North Carolina
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Charming front desk staff-clean, comfortable, welcoming property-convenient location-excellent value! Perfect place for multi-generational family stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family