“Exceeded My Expectations”

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
NC
“Exceeded My Expectations”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I had an idea that this would be a "decent" hotel having seen the reviews, but it was better than I could have imagined. The staff was super friendly, the hotel was very modern and well kept throughout, it was nicely located, the room was big and smelled really great. The room was also a great price..I could go on and on. Definitely one of the best hotels I've stayed in!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel last week while my son was attending Orientation at East Carolina University. Upon arrival we were greeted with a warm smile and welcoming yet expedient check in. The facilities were clean and well maintained. The room was large and the beds were comfortable. The room was very clean and the WiFi was of excellent strength. We got up and had breakfast both of the days we were there. The food was hot, fresh, and good quality. the checkout was seamless, turn in your card and your bill was already settled. The main reason I chose to stay here is that it is centrally located in Greenville and just minutes to anywhere in Greenville. It was one of the best experiences at a hotel in a long time; and If you are in the Greenville N.C. area i would highly recommend it. HAPPY TRAVELS!!!!!!

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel is your typical Hampton. Good location. Clean rooms. I do get frustrated with Hampton sometimes because they do not seem to consider my Diamond status when reserving my room. In the last 2 weeks, I've stayed at a Doubletree that apologized an upgrade wasn't available but gave me a corner room that was the largest standard room available, an HGI that did the exact same thing but I am aware of larger "standard" rooms that were given out to people we are traveling with that are not Diamond status. Perhaps nothing was available when we checked in and it's not the end of the world but...

Workout room is excellent and spacious. Hotel is quiet. Downstairs lobby/eating area is well appointed. I'm not a big breakfast person but the options have not been great the 3 mornings we were here. It would be nice if the boiled eggs were already peeled and if there were more fruit options. And don't stand by the door from the kitchen area to the breakfast room. It swings out, not in, and you can get hit by it (like I did). Towels are thin and not very soft. Double beds are just roomy enough for 2 people. Did not go use the pool. There is no laundry room.

If I stopped here, I would give an average or very good rating which is in no way bad. But, every single employee we have come in contact with has been incredibly nice, very friendly and very helpful. You can't walk by the front desk without getting a smile or a greeting or being asked if you need anything. Sometimes, a friendly face is worth more than all the other stuff combined. This is one of those cases.

Greenville, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Since this hotel opened my family and I have stayed there. The services just get better year after year. We have always been ready to come to Greenville for the convention because we knew that we would be comfortable and taken care of in a way one should be. The Hampton was the place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Lincolnton, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hotel was very clean, rooms had nice features, large bathroom and shower. Service was excellect at check in and check out. Hotel is in a good area close to restaurants, shopping and ECU. Would stay here again on our next trip to Greenville.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Very nice hotel. I had a corner room and it was very quiet. The room and the hotel overall was clean and modern. Check-in was fast. All staff were pleasant and helpful. Room was spacious and clean. Nice sized work space at the desk. The hotel had a nice patio off the pool; however, it didn't get the afternoon sun due to the layout of the hotel. Lots of shopping and restaurants very close, as was the Convention Center; lots within walking distance. I liked that the coffee bar was outside the breakfast room, that way people who just want coffee are not having to wait for the people who are getting breakfast. Fridge and microwave in the room. A few downsides (but nothing that would deter me from staying there again): No in-room safe, the toilet did not have very much flushing power and the shower head was too high to reach to change the settings.

Supply
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is an excellent place to stay and the staff there is tremendous. I will definitely return and utilize again this property. I have already suggested a moving around of the exercise machines to allow for better use of the machines.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business