“So much nicer than my past experiences in Greenville”

Hampton Inn Greenville
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 17 January 2011

This hotel looks brand new, even though I found out they are going on 2 years old. The room was spotless, and I am a tough critic. Staff was all very pleasant, smiled and greeted in the hall and at breakfast. For a free breakfast, there is plenty to choose from. I especially liked the homemade waffle option. The coffee they have in the lobby all the time was good, and I even indulged on a cookie that was still warm as I checked in! The location is right in the middle of everything you need, and convenient to most anywhere. I was pleasantly surprised by evening appetizers and beer for the guests. Even though it was more expensive than where I stayed on my last trip, I felt it was well worth it.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank hotelgirl78

Reviewed 15 November 2010

This was a great, clean, friendly hotel. The marine corps ball was going on next door and many guest were staying here. The hotel was so quiet. The bed was very comfy my daughter loved it. We were visiting ECU, which was just up the road. We ate at A tavalo Market it was close and so delicious. Breakfast at the hotel was waffles, cereal, breads, bagels, french toast sticks and sausage. With all that, I still miss my eggs.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2010

This was a last minute trip to Greenville, NC and it was graduation weekend. The room was $233 (including tax) for a one night stay! This was upsetting but we needed a place to stay that night. The Hampton Inn is near everything so the location is convenient. The hotel is pretty new and the king size bed was very comfortable. The windows/glass did not appear to be sound proof because we heard a lot of street traffic on the third floor. The Saturday morning breakfast was nice with ham and scrambled eggs. There are two computers for the internet in the lobby but the line was long when I was there. Check-in and check-out were quick. Vending and ice machines were readily available. The elevator was quick. The outside back door required a room key to enter, no matter what time of day. The convention center is next door. Target, Walmart, Steinmart, Cracker Barrell are all very close on the same street. Turning left out of the hotel is very difficult on this busy main road so you may want to consider turning right and making a U turn.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2010

From the moment we checked in, we were taken care of by a wonderful desk clerk. He was friendly and courteous to us all (7 of us checked in at the same time). The rooms were very nicely decorated and the beds were extremely comfortable. The ammenities (such as mini-fridge, iron and hairdryer) were very convenient. In the morning, they had a hot breakfast for sit down or brown bag breakfasts for those on the go. Again, the staff was very friendly and nice.

I travel frequently throughout the year to Greenville, and I will now make this hotel the place I will request to stay every time.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Tarheelgirl2010
Reviewed 28 November 2009

The service and personel here worked really hard to insure my cross country team had an excellent chance to compete. A special thanks to Joy and Fay.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2009

I stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago, and I was pleasantly surprised. It is a new hotel so it was very clean. I also liked the way it was decorated- very contemporary and cozy at the same time. The staff was outstanding, and even though it was more than I would expect to pay in Greenville, it was well worth the money!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2009

This is close to the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Brand new, there are no guest rooms on the first floor. The breakfast area is large with a variety of seating. A very large work out room with tv on the machines. Indoor pool. The rooms are very modern, excellent climate control, lighting and the bed is fantastic. Close to all kinds of dining.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business