“nice, clean hotel”

Econo Lodge Greenville
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My daughter and I stayed here during ECU orientation. Excellent deal for $47/night. This was a good, clean hotel that is close to everything. They also have a good breakfast with lots of variety: waffles, cereal, fruit, danishes, oatmeal, etc.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank csh0517
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your daughter orientation at ECU. It was a pleasure to be of service. Please come back and stay with us on future visits to Greenville. We will have that great breakfast and clean rooms waiting for you.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

If you are a student who doesnt have enough money to put gas in your '79 Chevette, and need a place to stay, this is it! Unfortunately, the holiday in. Express across the street is only $10 more, stay there. Staff is very friendly and welcoming, it's just a tired old dirty hotel. Hard cheap beds, stained furniture, tiny bathrooms with zero airflow, barely working super noisy A/C, low water pressure, cigarette burns on the bedding, and breakfast from a vending machine is what you get.
A/C turns on and off all night long, waking you up every single time. I would not recommend.

Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank izzysanchez
GreenvilleNC, General Manager at Econo Lodge Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us In Greenville. I apologize that you were not completely satisfied with all your accomadations. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and clean, comfortable rooms. We also just recently upgraded our properties with microwaves, refrigerators, and 37” flat panel TVS in all rooms. We thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and hope you give us an opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

This hotel is in desperate need of updating! The furniture is old and very worn. The walls need either new wallpaper or paint. Our room had a musty smell so who knows how long it had been since the carpet had been clean. I have stayed in many hotels from economical to luxury. I would rate this as on the very low side for economical. I asked for a late check out when I checked into the hotel and evidently the lady at the desk did not make of note of this. I got a knock on the door asking when I was leaving. The continental breakfast was minimal at best. It was inexpensive but I would say pay a little more and stay somewhere else. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sara H
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Dear Sara,

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We are constantly updating with new microwaves, refrigerators and 37 inch flat screen TV's in all rooms. We apologize that the room had a musty smell and would have been glad to move you to another room at your request. Late checkouts are customary for us and we are always glad to accomadate whenever possible. This was a miscommunication on our part and for that please accept our sincere apology. Please give us an opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

Thank you. We appreciate your input.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

The facilities were just what I needed for the one night stay after attending my neice's wedding. Nothing fancy, but everything was nice, homey and clean. The manager was very friendly and accomodating to this tired traveler.

Room Tip: I like rooms on the front so I can see the traffic.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear Linda,

Thank you for staying with us. I was glad to hear your stay was a comfortable and enjoyable one after the long day at the wedding. We do hope you come to visit us again when in Greenville. It was our pleasure to be of service to you.
Once again, Thanks for staying with us here at the Jameson.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

I have a thing about staying in hotels alone with the door to the room is on the outside but I decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did. The beds in this hotel are great!! The room was nice and clean. It was also very quiet because it's off of a main street. The person who checked me in even called up to the room after I got in there to make sure everything was ok. The staff was great. Didn't take part in the breakfast so dont know what they offer. I stay in Greenville monthly for work and I will always be staying in this hotel!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Dear Monica,

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we were glad to hear the bed exceeded your expectations. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness, dreamium beds, and friendliness of the staff. We do hope on your next visit that you're able to enjoy our breakfast featurng make your own belgian waffles with strawberry topping.

Once again, Thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Greenville.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff, and very reasonable prices!! The rooms were spotlessly clean and had accommodations you would expect in a room that you paid a lot more for, such as gourmet coffee, hair dryer, iron, a microwave and refrigerator in every room. We even had nice soaps and shampoo and conditioners that felt luxurious and not cheap. The continental breakfast was also really nice. I just can't tell you how pleasantly surprised my family and I were that this room was so comfortable. (The waffle house next door is delicious and you can get a lot of good food for very cheap price).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
GreenvilleNC, General Manager at Econo Lodge Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our property. We pride ourselves on our customer satisfaction and cleanliness. Our main goal is to make you feel comfortable and welcomed. It was our pleasure to make your stay a comfortable one and are so glad you enojoyed all of our amenities during your visit. Once again thank you and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The staff at this hotel is incredible! So friendly and willing to help. I could not have been more pleased.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
GreenvilleNC, General Manager at Econo Lodge Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our property. We take great pride in our customer satisfaction and it was our pleasure to make your saty the queality one you deserve. We look forward to you as our guest on your next visit to Greenville. Once again, thank you for staying with us.