“Lovely staff, ok room”

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely staff, ok room”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The staff here are very friendly and welcoming and the location back from the road minimised traffic noise. The room is ok and we slept fine. You can hear some bathroom noise from above and the only real concern is that the flush of the toilet is like an airplane and therefore very noisy. Nice to have coffee and tea at any time in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dianna C
FaLinda J, General Manager at Econo Lodge Greenville, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Dianna C,

Thank you for the comments regarding our staff here at the EconoLodge Greenville NC. I am smiling as I read your friendly words about the staff here. We do try to accomodate every need for our guests and am glad we succeeded in offering you a quiet spot away from traffic. Perhaps in the future we can book the same room for you when you return!

EconoLodge Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We ended up booking this hotel only because everything else in town was sold out. what a surprise it was when we walked into the room. It smelled great for a smoking room, beds were extremely comfy, decor was very nice. We will definitely book here next time we are in town. Staff was awesome, all smiles and very energetic. Well done.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Hello TinaC59,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the EconoLodge here in Greenville NC. We try to make sure if it is a first experience for travelers that you are "pleasantly surprised". Seeing your review lets us know that we succeeded. Please look us up for your next trip to the area; we are happy to have you return and stay with us!

Regards,
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Not bad at all. I was a bit apprehensive about staying here. Staff is very helpful. Rooms are clean. Hot, fresh coffee along with fruits and breads for breakfast. Did I mention the room is clean?

Bed could be a bit softer, but I have definitely slept on worse.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bdmon
Hello Sbritt1016,

I would just like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the EconoLodge and its staff. We take pride in providing comfort to our guests and are glad that you have been satisfied with your stay's thus far. We hope you will continue to stay with us whenever a need brings you to our area.

Thank you!

North Carolina
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I haven't been disappointed yet at the Econo Lodge in Greenville, NC. I stayed here twice while my husband was in the hospital and recieved a discount on my room for this reason. Beds are very comfy and rooms are very clean. Also I was very impressed with the desk staff's assistance and kindness during check-in and check-out. Would definately recommend Econo Lodge, Greenville to others and will be staying here again on my next overnight trip to Greenville.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
FaLinda J, General Manager at Econo Lodge Greenville, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Hi Sbritt1016,

Thank you for your kind review. We realize that guests visiting loved ones in Vidant Medical Center or any other medical facility can be a strain, so we do our best to offer discounts for that reason. I am glad you found your accomodations clean and comortable (and for the record, you always will :). Your recommendation means the world to us and we look forward to seeing you again someday.
Take care,
FaLinda-GM and the entire EconoLodge Greenville NC Staff
Marietta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I had a horrible experience at this motel and would not recommend it to anyone. First of all, they double charged my debit card ($550) the day before Christmas (tying up my money) and would not do anything about it. The room (101) was smelly and moldy. Then the last night we stayed there a huge fight broke out in the parking lot at 2:30 am in the morning. Someone started banging on my door. Then there were car tires screeching, people screaming and then 45 minutes later the police were outside with flashlights searching for a weapon. I could not go back to sleep and was a wreck the next day.

The staff were unhelpful and defensive when I pointed out their screw up with my debit card.

Absolutely horrible. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bryan543
Dear Bryan543,

I am sorry that your experience here was less than enjoyable. It is our goal to provide a clean comfortable stay for each guest who checks in to our hotel. I have personally addressed the issues you faced during your stay here. Rest assured it is not the norm and we look forward to a future opportunity to show you that. Perhaps you will have a need to return in the near future; I am happy to personally take care of your reservations to ensure you received the best possible care.
On a separate note, I shipped your pillow that was left behind at no cost to you and trust you received it in good condition. Again I apologize on behalf of mysel and staff that your stay was not as expected.
FaLinda Johnson-GM and the entire EconoLodge Greenville NC staff.
New Jersey
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed there for Parents Weekend at ECU. For the many times we have stayed in Greenville NC as our son goes to ECU we have never had a bad experience here. The rooms are clean, the staff is exceptionally friendly and a decent breakfast. Would highly recommend. Bathrooms aer a bit small and do not offer a AARP discount. other than that, its a great stay

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank lrtoro
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I came to Greenville to visit a friend and needed a pet-friendly room. I had made a reservation at another hotel but found it unacceptable (look for my review under the title "Downright Scary"). I'm so glad I found the Jameson. Great room with very comfortable bed and nice sheets. Huge TV and good breakfast. Nice and quiet and smelled good, too. It is, however, the staff that makes this such a great place. Tamecia is one of the most bubbly, friendly people I've met in a long time. As the front-desk representative, she made me happy with my choice and was very accommodating about my therapy dog. Then, on checkout I met Brian, another friendly front-desk person! He even went to the trouble of mapping out an alternate route to get home for me. So kind! Long story short, between the wonderful room and the fabulous staff you cannot go wrong by staying at the Jameson!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo