“Wow!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
“Wow!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

What awesome food! Everything is so authentic & more importantly, delicious! The Pho is just what you need on a cold rainy night. All the broths are different so you must try all of them. And they tend to run on the hot side so when they ask you how hot you want it on a scale of 1-5, you might want to start w/a 1. I've tried several things now & they are all good. I have to take some home though as the portions are large.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Caroline P

Kauai, Hawaii
“Good food but not worth it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

On occasion if the owner feels like making the dish you prefer that and if she still has any left by the time you get there, some of the best food in Greenville can be found here however about 50% of the time the item you want was not made that day, out of stock, has been taken off the menu entirely or the restaurant is randomly closed with a little sign on the door to let you know. On top of that the owner is coercive about everything from where you sit(even if the place is empty) to how spicy she thinks you want your food. She is also overly defensive about, asking a simple question about the menu can turn into an unexpected verbal assault where she thinks she needs to defend her honor when really I just wanted to know what the base of the sauce was due to dietary restrictions. Anyway, if you go good luck you could be in for an amazing meal or a terrible experience that leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth that the food cant take out

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jeff K
Greenville, North Carolina
“Rudest restaurant owner I've ever met, never going back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

A buddy of mine and I had eaten here a few times and thought it was ok, but this last visit was terrible. When we walked in, half the restaurant was full (and loud) and half was completely empty, so I asked if we could sit on the empty side. The owner said "No, you sit over there" and pointed to a corner seat on the full side in the middle of everyone else in the restaurant. She then condescendingly explained to us that the tables on the empty side were only for 4 or 6 tops, and we could not sit there because we only had two. I should note that not a single 4 or 6 top came in during our lunch and the side remained empty the whole time. She also sat us between two jerks who decided to have a loud conversation with each other while sitting on opposite sides of our table, so we had to listen to that the whole time. This was exactly what we were trying to avoid by asking to sit on the empty side.

She didn't take our drink order. Instead she screamed across the restaurant, "You two have water," then slammed the glasses down on our table and left. At this point we almost got up and left, but we had a short lunch period and didn't think we would have time to get in somewhere else.

She didn't take our lunch order. Instead she screamed across the restaurant (again), "You have___ and you have ___," assuming we were ordering the same thing we had previously without bothering to ask us.

This was bar none the WORST experience I've ever had at a restaurant and Greenville and the first time I've never left a tip. Skipping this place from now on.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank DickeyC
Ayden, North Carolina
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

We have eaten here several times now. Everything on their menu (that we have had so far, which has been most of it) has been great. It is a small family owned place. They have a little smattering of everything...Japanese, Thai, Korean, Vietnamese. I believe their dishes tend to run a smidge on the hot side on your scale of 1-5. I am usually an number 2 girl, and my husband a number 3 but I tend to take it down a notch when eating at Sakura. Food doesn't necessarily get to you quickly as they are making it up fresh for you in the kitchen. The owner can be a bit abrupt (I saw someone call her rude), but I believe she is trying to give you the best meal possible and if she doesn't think it will be good she will not be serving it to you. We did not eat there for the longest time as we thought it was just some other run of the mill take out joint. Well, it is not. Give it a try! The decor is basic, just a notch above the proverbial hole in the wall. I would eat their food sitting on the curb if that is the only place I could get it. It is clean however, so that is all that counts to me. Ummm, now I am thinking of some of her Turkey dumping soup for dinner....

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Diana M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, but owner showed a huge lack of proper customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

Great food, but the owner/chef is incredibly rude. I asked to add cilantro to my pad tai, and she suggested I get a different dish that actually "comes" with cilantro. When I insisted that I wanted PAD TAI with cilantro (I offered to pay any upcharge necessary) she got very upset and snapped at me, "Cilantro no go with pad tai!" She then preceded to say something in Korean and stormed back into the kitchen. I suppose it hurt her pride a bit that I wanted to add something to a dish, but I have worked in food services (in fact, I have worked at an Asian restaurant where cilantro was served with pad tai) and I know that you NEVER argue with a customer and you certainly don't snap at them. I hope she was just having a bad day and isn't usually this rude to paying customers :(

• Visited July 2013