“Good first impression”

Cuisines: Asian
Greenville, North Carolina
“Good first impression”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I came to Osaka Bistro with some new friends, and we were seated at a large table in the back. The waitress was quick and attentive but did not bother us needlessly, instead leaving the six of us to converse freely.

Their idea of a buffet was unlike anything I'd seen before, but very good for our meeting. You indicate up to four things you would like, and they bring it out on small plates. A Lazy Susan helps reach the people in the back.

The food was delicious, hot, and met and exceeded my expectations. However, I had two minor problems. One, anything with beef carries an additional charge. This adds up fast. (But don't pass on it, it's good, but the chicken is just as good.) Second, despite the fact that you put your name on the order card, they don't know whose plate is whose. You kind of have to remember what boxes you ticked.

I did not try the sushi so I cannot comment on that. Definitely would go again, though.

“Inappropriate Service”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My friends & I love Osaka. The food is great, affordable, and plenty to choose from. It's a usual go to for our crowd, but after a recent visit I'm not so sure.

There were two young male servers "joking" around with the customers & often coming up to tables, including ours and would interrupt our conversation mid sentence.

They then began talking out loudly to one another so all the guests were distracted by this, but what took the cake for me is when they began singing songs from Disney's Frozen while walking through the restaurant.

I found this very unprofessional. Our table as well as several others were exchanging looks and eye rolls by this display. It truly made our dining experience uncomfortable.

Keep up the great deals and excellent food, but please let those two servers know that no, "I do NOT want to build a snowman", I want to enjoy my sushi.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank jonsey1988
Greenville, North Carolina
“Authentic Chinese Food too!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I went here for the first time with a friend of mine that is Chinese. She introduced me to the owners and then she ordered a few of the authentic dishes on the menu. The food was amazing! Also, they have a buffet that is amazing. It's not your typical buffet where the food sits out. They bring you all you can eat to your table and it's freshly cooked. Also, on weekends they offer dim sum! I would recommend this place to anyone that enjoys Japanese/Chinese cuisine.

Visited March 2014
NC
“Give it a try”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

What a great idea, menu ordering buffet. You can order from a large menu of about 40 items from Chinese to Japanese to sushi and they make it fresh. Want more after that, just order more. prices very reasonable and food quality was good. Wait staff was on spot everytime i needed something. Would recommend you try this.

• Visited May 2014
bluegrass state
“Unique buffet, made to order food. Fantastic concept.”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We were in Greenville for a business. Our hotel staff recommended this place. So happy she did. Love the fact you order off the menu tickets. You choose 4 items. They cook your food to order. Then if you are still hungry you fill out another ticket.
I started with California rolls. Very tasty. My friend had the crab & cream cheese rolls. Not my favorite. Too creamy for me. I then got the hibachi chicken & veggies with steamed rice. The flavored were great. Round two was more california rolls and two chicken wings. they were cery crispy and flavorful. I am wheat free. Just told the hostess and wrote on my ticket no soy sauce & no wheat. They accommodated that nicely. They were very kind & helpful. We are planning on going back later in the week. Ice cream comes with it. Did not try too much already.

1 Thank phislamajama