“Nice, Modern& Clean”

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Greenville
Montreal, Canada
“Nice, Modern& Clean”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Nice hotel and the rooms are clean and spacious. The only thing I would thing that bothered me is during breakfast, there were sometimes not enough utensils or dishes missing. Wanted to have cereal but no spoons available or on another day wanted oatmeal but no bowl. Took awhile for someone to show up in the kitchen to ask for missing items. Minor things but did not hinder the overall good experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mtlgal2000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Spring Lake
Reviewed 13 October 2013

On our way to spending a week at Emerald Isle, NC, we stopped to take my granddaughter, who goes to ECU, to dinner. We stayed at the new Residence Inn in Greenville, NC and were pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel and rooms were. We had never stayed at a Residence Inn and did not expect to have a living room, kitchen and bedroom. The breakfast the following morning was very nice, with a mix of hot and cold foods. The eating area was very large and nice. If in the area, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dottimann
Edgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The hotel was brand spanking new and very chic. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The lobby had a computer with a printer and a great fireplace. There is also a chic area to chill out. The only negative was the food, it was horrific. The first morning there were grits that were not cooked. The second morning there were eggs that were tasteless and rubbery. I believe if the hotel were to retrain the cooks and serve better food this hotel will be a ten. Unfortunately, I can't stay at a hotel where breakfast is included but inedible. Other than the bad food nice place to stay but I think they could use some security as well. I did see some strange random fellow walking around and he looked like an addict.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Residence Inn by Marriott is one of the best hotels to stay at. I always stay at the Hilton Greenville, but was going to give this hotel a try. The staff at the desk was very nice.The only dislike was the Am breakfast Staff and overnight manager.He was very unpleasant. Overall highly recommend anyone to stay here if they are coming to the area for an overnight trip only.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Renzo10019
Atlanta
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This property just opened a few weeks before my stay. Check in was efficient and pleasant. My room was modern and had a nice loft/studio feel to it. Kitchen area is a plus if you are staying for more than a couple nights, and nice to have the fridge to keep drinks cold. Bed Linens were very nice as well as towels etc. A negative was my room was directly over a lit exterior entry way so it was like I was sleeping on a light bulb. Another downer was that when I went to make coffee in the morning, there was a old moldy coffee filter pack in it. The lobby area/sitting area is odd. The table are small and I could barely fit my lap top and coffee on it. The interior design is trying to be too modern versus efficient. There were a lot of children running around, including 2 that stayed on the computer to print boarding passes for at least 45 minutes. I thought the hotel staff should recommended to the parents that it is not for children to surf facebook and play games. The janitorial staff was far from transparent and they were practically vacuuming under my feet when I was trying to get work done. There was a complimentary breakfast, but I did not have any of it. Front desk was very helpful when I needed directions etc. I would stay here again but for some reason the brand new aspect of it is not an overwhelming upside of the property. Oh, lastly, I thought parking was not so great. Limited places to eat in the area that are not old chains from the 1980's. I gave cleanliness a Poor because the moldy coffee filter was unacceptable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I had such a delightful stay at this hotel. I ran into an issue with the rates and it was corrected with a smile. All the staff I encountered were very friendly and offering to help. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Greenville area.

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank NaturalBee
Canyon, Texas
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Brand new Residence Inn opened the day after I was scheduled to arrive in town. Had reservations for the date of my arrival but, two weeks prior, they had to modify, as the hotel would be a day late in opening.

Property very nice and very clean - should be, for the first day of business. Still various tradesman putting final touches on the place when we arrived. Check in went quickly despite several youths' baseball teams having arrived for a tournament. Staff inviting and friendly.

Room was far more than we expected, well appointed, and clean! Good decor, a flat panel in each room, and cold A/C. Even with all the baggage we lugged halfway across the country, the rooms were spacious, once it was stowed. A couple of minor issues were noted (contractor had failed to connect a couple of things to the wall, and the icemaker would not work for some reason). Overall, we were very satisfied with the room.

The pool was nice and clean as well, although a little small for the property size. That seems to be a trend I am noticing. Used the pool quite a bit as we had kids with us, and grilled hamburgers one night, on the patio's gas grille. Again, very nice staying at a property where you can do that.

Breakfast service was decent - RIs serve full breakfasts in the mornings and here they had a good selection.

Would definitely stay here again when visiting in the future.

All of the above is my opinion, based on my observations. Your mileage may vary!

Room Tip: Four floors to choose from; we stayed on the third and it was peaceful and quiet.