“Carry out eastern NC BBQ”

Parkers Barbecue Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 280 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We've lived in Greenville for 20 years and eat BBQ 3-4 times a year. We keep going back to Parkers for carry out because its really good eastern NC BBQ at a very good price. The atmosphere resembles fast-food chains of the 1990s and it's self-service, but counter staff are quick and get a lot of people through the process quickly and no one goes there for a romantic meal anyway.

The pork BBQ is excellent as is the vinegar based sauce. As far as the sides go, we like the old-school slaw because it's neither mayo based, nor as sweet as similar places. The hush puppies are good, but the green beans are canned, the mac and cheese seems to be from a box. Yet, as other reviewers have said the sides are not the main attraction here. At lunch time, we'd go to B's BBQ while it still lasts. But B's runs out of food by about 2pm. After that, it's Parkers. That said, I'd stick with the pulled pork, fried chicken or BBQ dark meat chicken since the BBQ breasts are usually pretty dry.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I grew up in Greenville and though I've been gone for years, I still have cravings for good ol' fashion Eastern NC BBQ! Parker's is legendary, everyone loves it. Get it to go, go put on some stretchy pants, and enjoy this gluttonous deliciousness at home away from the crowds!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We have eaten here many times. never have had a problem with the food or service. If you go in hungry, you will leave fully satisfied and ready for a nap.
They know how to do it right. They do not accept credit or debit cards.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I went here a few days ago while visiting friends in the area. Got the combo plate with pulled pork and fried chicken so i could try both. The meats were very good, as was the vinegar sauce. The sides were ok, canned green beans and boxed mac and cheese, but I guess you go here for the BBQ not the sides. The hush puppies were good but the corn sticks and coleslaw I could have done without. Staff is ok, the guy that served us was more interested in flirting with the girl at the counter than helping his tables.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was told this was one of the best BBQ joints around ... its okay, nothing to honk your horn over. My wife was also disappointed with her meal as well and did not view staff as very friendly.