“For a one night stay - it works”

Quality Inn Greenville
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“For a one night stay - it works”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Decided to stay in Greenville to take my GMAT vs. driving the 90 minutes early in the morning. Would have preferred to stay elsewhere, but my hotels of preference were booked as a result of a gun & knife show.

For a one night stay where all you want is a decent room, this does fine. It needs some upgrades in the amenities, but ok. When you check into your room, make sure that you have everything there. I had to ask for bath towels because they weren't present.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I visited Greenville for an ECU Open House. Unfortunately for me, there was also a conference in the area and ALL hotels were sold out. The Quality Inn had rooms available and now I understand why. The hotel is old-school, all rooms are accessed from outside. My family and I were put on the second floor in the back corner of the building. The parking lot had no lighting on the back end of the building and I actually felt unsettled and unsafe. As my family and I entered the room, there was an immediate cold and musty feel/smell. Once inside, we checked out the room only to find that there were stained bedspreads and dirty sheets still on the beds and curtains that wouldn't completely close. I went to the office and requested clean sheets and was told that flat sheets were all that were left (implies to me that others were experiencing the same). I tried to be discreet with my request as others were checking in but the receptionist addressed the issue with the dirty sheets in front of the other guests. It not only embarrassed me but I found him to be extremely unprofessional. Once back in the room and ready to settle in, I noticed that there were cracks in the floor of the bathroom corner next to the tub. Upon investigating further, I could feel cold air actually seeping through the cracks. I resigned myself to the fact that I had to stick it out and came to lie down. The mattress was horrible. It was very lumpy and I could feel every coil within it and with every move, the bed squeaked. Upon identifying an outlet to plug in my phone, I noticed two things. The first was the bright blue streak of electricity as I plugged in my phone and the second was the beyond filthy area behind the night stand. If I have anything good to say about the room, it would be that it does have a microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot and a tv (old school; not a flat screen). The complimentary "hot" breakfast turned out to be putting a frozen biscuit into a microwave. I've stayed at Quality Inns in the past and have never experienced a stay this bad. They need to bulldoze this place down and rebuild.

Room Tip: Request to stay in a room that is not near a stairwell or elevator; less foot traffic will result in...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
GM982, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
I deeply regret that you did not enjoy your stay. The issues that you had with your room regarding the linens and dust behind the night stands are definitely not in keeping with the level of service that we strive to offer to our guests. I am embarrassed that this was your experience and have shared your comments with the housekeeping staff as well as with the head housekeeper. I would like to express that we have not had problems with sheets not being changed from prior use. When you came to the front desk for another set, the reason the clerk said he only had a fitted sheet is because we do not keep these items in large supply in the office.

I regret that you were not able to experience the full service of our breakfast. Perhaps the items had not been replenished at the time you came to the area? We offer sausages, eggs, gravy (for the biscuits), grits, oatmeal, danish, muffins, cinnamon raisin & plain bagles, toast, cold cereals, fruit, hot chocolate, coffee, juice and tea.

Again, I offer my sincerest apologies for your unsatisfactory experience. We appreciate your feedback as this helps us to know where we need to make improvements to the service that we offer.

Travellers are raving about these Greenville hotels

Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

Booked late for a college tour and this was one of the few choices left with availabilty- looking at tripadvisor reviews. I figured it would be okay for a night since there were so many positive reviews fairly recently. I am not sure who is writing those. I will have to look back and see if they are from people with only one review written- but the place is run down and disgusting - checkin employee was adaquatley friendly at best and then leg post when I returned for my refund. The room smelled thick of stale cigarettes - the furniture was worn, torn and stained. Carpets were stained as was the top bedding covers. We never stepped far enough into the room to check the bathrooms. They need to bulldoze this place and start over. It's seen it's best days.

• Stayed April 2013
Many times when the area is busy with an event properties sell out of non smoking rooms quickly and the rooms left available to reserve are smoking. I understand that this can be quite unpleasant for a non smoker, and we do try to eliminate the smell of smoke with a deodorizing spray.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I was so happy with my stay at this hotel. The room featured all the needs ... fridge, microwave, and other amenities usually given for more expensive lodging. Also, the breakfast buffet was great and included microwaved mini-omelets which is great for diabetics like me wanting some protein when usually all you get is high-carb foods. Laundry room was filthy though and one desk attendant was pretty nasty ... she held me outside while she chatted on the phone -- apparently, side door is locked from outside for security.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms where they place workers with vans. These rooms house usually 5 guys who are labo...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Gainesville, Virginia
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We stayed here for a night while in town for a wedding over the weekend. The front desk clerk was very nice, and allowed us to check in a couple of hours early so we could get ready for the wedding. I found the room to be clean, with a nice bathroom counter and a fairly comfortable bed. The location was quiet throughout the night, and I am a very light sleeper! Breakfast the next day was edible. I appreciated being able to grab a quick bite of eggs and some juice before we hit the road again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Maryland
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Outstanding staff, can't say enough about how friendly they are and what a positive attitude they all have.

Rooms, however, need some attention to detail. Once upon a time, ours had a shelf on the wall above the fridge / microwave. Well, the shelf is obviously long gone but the 5 plastic anchors that once held it and the stains from it contacting the wall are still there. About 15 minutes worth of spackle & paint would have made a big difference. Bathroom had some moldy grunge growing out from around the handhold in the tub / shower that was missed by housekeeping.

Choice Priviledges (Quality Inn's overarching hotel family) online booking confirmation didn't jive with the room that was waiting for us...we confirmed 2 Queens and got a single Queen instead. The receptionist said this happens with Choice Priviledges online. She recommended we book direct in the future. Since it was Family Weekend at ECU and everything else in town was booked solid we were stuck with what we got. Staff managed to chase down a roll-away so our college sophomore's little brother didn't have to pile in with my wife and I and didn't charge us for it.

We were originally offered a Smoking room King with pull out couch as an alternative to the Choice Priviledges mix-up but the wall of funk that came out of that smoking room when we opened the door to check it over was absolutely unbearable!!! Smelled like every cigarette ever made from tobacco grown in NC had been smoked in that room followed up by a spray down with a gallon of some ungodly smelling industrial strength deodorizer. Felt like being hit by a truck!!! Another reminder of why my giving up smoking years ago was a good idea.

Overall, like other reviewers have said...you get what you pay for. Nothing fancy, nothing too horrible - provided you're not forced into a smoking room as a desperate last resort.

Wonderful staff easily overcame what could have been a real painful weekend.

Room Tip: Stay away from the smoking rooms, even if you are a smoker!
Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Dulles, Virginia
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Typical budget hotel - nothing fancy but very clean. Breakfast was mostly cold items and much of the exercise equipment was broken but the pool was nice. Our weekday stay was very quiet - mostly contractors. What was not typical was the staff. They solved an Internet problem late on a Sunday night, offered to carry our luggage both to our room and to our car, offered to get us ice, we're very pleasant for both check-in and check-out.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family