“Good Experience in Greenville, NC” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Greenville

Quality Inn Greenville
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Greenville
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Good Experience in Greenville, NC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Had to stop by in Greenville recently for a one night. With not too many options available due to a conference in town, I went into to Quality Inn. To my surprise, this place was a good value for money. Very helpful and courteous staff. Room, bed, and bathroom were much better then expected. Very nice for the price. Will stay again if I'm in Greenville, NC.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM982, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 16 June 2013
I am happy you enjoyed your stay. Your comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for al of our guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Upstate NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

As a card carrying points member for the property chain, we were rather surprised to still be stuck in a room under the stairwell on the first floor. Room smelled awful/musty, and the supplied dehumidifier we had to plug in and run for ourselves, is pulling a gallon plus per day out of the air. Did NOT help the smell. Room was at least clean...the first night/day. After our second night we were bypassed by housekeeping and returned to an even smellier, and now unkempt, room. We know housekeeping never even opened our door because the tip we left was untouched. When I went to the desk to complain, we were told housekeeping only makes up the rooms every other day! When I said we are here for three nights, but only get fresh towels etc. once, the manager at the desk acted very surprised, and said we were supposed to have received the towels. (?) While she was very nice, and also questioned our room placement, that in no way made up for the smell, the lack of attention, the smell, the dingy and out-dated room appointments, nor did it compensate for the smell. If we hadn't already done so much driving and fuss to get to Greenville to see our family, we would have left after one night. This property is total crap, and for a chain trying to re-invent their image, this sure isn't the way to accomplish it. You will notice several positive reviews on tripadvisor. My guess is these lucky folks probably got one of the renovated rooms. The best renovation plan for this property would be to burn it to the ground and start over. A complete and utter embarrassment of a hotel, from a chain that should be doing MUCH better. Never, never, EVER again. Stay as far from this place as you possibly can, at least if you want to avoid the smell. Did we mention the smell? I am on the road all the time (note my screen name), and I know what to expect and not expect from a mid price chain. Quality Inn Greenville, NC is a loser! A_V_O_I_D!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GM982, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Dear Guest,
We did not put you in an older area of the hotel. The only difference between where you were and the rest of the property was that the exterior of the building was painted. We had a sign posted in the lobby to excuse any signs of contracting work due to renovations regarding this.
In regards to being placed near the staircase, we usually do not encounter any issues with this. In some instances a guest will make the request to not be near stairs, elevators or vending machines, but this was not indicated on your reservation.

Our franchise has a Commitment to Satisfaction policy that we adhere to. This is also posted at our front desk and states that if you are not satisfied with your accommodations or the service you receive to please let the front desk know immediately so that we may fix the issues and ensure your satisfaction. I did not see any notes after the first night of your stay, nor the second night, indicating that you wished to change rooms due to location or smell. It is indeed regretful that your room was inadvertantly missed by housekeeping on the last night of your stay. Our rooms are cleaned daily unless the guest requests otherwise. It is unfortunate that this service was not provided on your final night and I do regret the inconvenience it caused.

I am really sorry that your stay was so upsetting that you felt the need to write such a scathing review. Honestly I was surprised because during check out I was under the impression that you were satisfied with the discount given due to the missed housekeeping on the last night of your stay. I felt that we had a nice conversation and that you believed and accepted my genuine apology for any inconvenience you experienced.

Travellers are raving about these Greenville hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

Decided to stay in Greenville to take my GMAT vs. driving the 90 minutes early in the morning. Would have preferred to stay elsewhere, but my hotels of preference were booked as a result of a gun & knife show.

For a one night stay where all you want is a decent room, this does fine. It needs some upgrades in the amenities, but ok. When you check into your room, make sure that you have everything there. I had to ask for bath towels because they weren't present.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Greenville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

I visited Greenville for an ECU Open House. Unfortunately for me, there was also a conference in the area and ALL hotels were sold out. The Quality Inn had rooms available and now I understand why. The hotel is old-school, all rooms are accessed from outside. My family and I were put on the second floor in the back corner of the building. The parking lot had no lighting on the back end of the building and I actually felt unsettled and unsafe. As my family and I entered the room, there was an immediate cold and musty feel/smell. Once inside, we checked out the room only to find that there were stained bedspreads and dirty sheets still on the beds and curtains that wouldn't completely close. I went to the office and requested clean sheets and was told that flat sheets were all that were left (implies to me that others were experiencing the same). I tried to be discreet with my request as others were checking in but the receptionist addressed the issue with the dirty sheets in front of the other guests. It not only embarrassed me but I found him to be extremely unprofessional. Once back in the room and ready to settle in, I noticed that there were cracks in the floor of the bathroom corner next to the tub. Upon investigating further, I could feel cold air actually seeping through the cracks. I resigned myself to the fact that I had to stick it out and came to lie down. The mattress was horrible. It was very lumpy and I could feel every coil within it and with every move, the bed squeaked. Upon identifying an outlet to plug in my phone, I noticed two things. The first was the bright blue streak of electricity as I plugged in my phone and the second was the beyond filthy area behind the night stand. If I have anything good to say about the room, it would be that it does have a microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot and a tv (old school; not a flat screen). The complimentary "hot" breakfast turned out to be putting a frozen biscuit into a microwave. I've stayed at Quality Inns in the past and have never experienced a stay this bad. They need to bulldoze this place down and rebuild.

Room Tip: Request to stay in a room that is not near a stairwell or elevator; less foot traffic will result in...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
GM982, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
I deeply regret that you did not enjoy your stay. The issues that you had with your room regarding the linens and dust behind the night stands are definitely not in keeping with the level of service that we strive to offer to our guests. I am embarrassed that this was your experience and have shared your comments with the housekeeping staff as well as with the head housekeeper. I would like to express that we have not had problems with sheets not being changed from prior use. When you came to the front desk for another set, the reason the clerk said he only had a fitted sheet is because we do not keep these items in large supply in the office.

I regret that you were not able to experience the full service of our breakfast. Perhaps the items had not been replenished at the time you came to the area? We offer sausages, eggs, gravy (for the biscuits), grits, oatmeal, danish, muffins, cinnamon raisin & plain bagles, toast, cold cereals, fruit, hot chocolate, coffee, juice and tea.

Again, I offer my sincerest apologies for your unsatisfactory experience. We appreciate your feedback as this helps us to know where we need to make improvements to the service that we offer.
Raleigh, NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

Booked late for a college tour and this was one of the few choices left with availabilty- looking at tripadvisor reviews. I figured it would be okay for a night since there were so many positive reviews fairly recently. I am not sure who is writing those. I will have to look back and see if they are from people with only one review written- but the place is run down and disgusting - checkin employee was adaquatley friendly at best and then leg post when I returned for my refund. The room smelled thick of stale cigarettes - the furniture was worn, torn and stained. Carpets were stained as was the top bedding covers. We never stepped far enough into the room to check the bathrooms. They need to bulldoze this place and start over. It's seen it's best days.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Many times when the area is busy with an event properties sell out of non smoking rooms quickly and the rooms left available to reserve are smoking. I understand that this can be quite unpleasant for a non smoker, and we do try to eliminate the smell of smoke with a deodorizing spray.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

I was so happy with my stay at this hotel. The room featured all the needs ... fridge, microwave, and other amenities usually given for more expensive lodging. Also, the breakfast buffet was great and included microwaved mini-omelets which is great for diabetics like me wanting some protein when usually all you get is high-carb foods. Laundry room was filthy though and one desk attendant was pretty nasty ... she held me outside while she chatted on the phone -- apparently, side door is locked from outside for security.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms where they place workers with vans. These rooms house usually 5 guys who are labo...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Gainesville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

We stayed here for a night while in town for a wedding over the weekend. The front desk clerk was very nice, and allowed us to check in a couple of hours early so we could get ready for the wedding. I found the room to be clean, with a nice bathroom counter and a fairly comfortable bed. The location was quiet throughout the night, and I am a very light sleeper! Breakfast the next day was edible. I appreciated being able to grab a quick bite of eggs and some juice before we hit the road again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple