“Pleasant Stay”
Review of East Carolina Inn

East Carolina Inn
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I stayed 2 nights here at the East Carolina Inn. I called and reserved my room 2 days before checking in. I told the lady on the phone I would be there early on check-in. She said I could call the day before and ask if my room would be ready. Much to my surprise, they had already blocked the room from being rented. So, I was able to check-in when I first got to town at 8:30am. The room was great. It wasn't dirty. Didn't stink. It was a non-smoking room though. The people up front were pleasnat to deal with. I asked for ideas on where to eat, and they gave several great recommendations. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Clifton W
There are newer reviews for East Carolina Inn

Reviewed 19 August 2012

I can't believe the good reviews on here for this place. I don't need a fancy motel/hotel but I do expect a clean room. The carpet was filthy and the room smelled like feet. They really need to invest in a carpet cleaner. The bathroom had small traces of mold. On the bright side, the sheets seemed clean and the breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Cynthia M
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed overnight at this hotel because it was across the street from Pitt Memorial Hospital where our grandson was at. We chose it for the location, but we were not disappointed. Not only did they give a discount because we had a family member in the hospital, the rooms were clean and comfortable and it was quiet. It truly was a nice motel. Some of the rooms, like my sons and his wife's had a refrigerator and microwave, and some of the rooms were actually suites. I definitely recommend this motel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandra B
Reviewed 6 November 2011

The employees are great it was a nice home away from home!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 21 May 2009

We have stayed here several times. Whenever we come into town this is where we stay and will continue to stay when in the area. We have tried other hotels , but the service and prices were not as reasonable as that at the EAST CAROLINA INN, the front desk staff and housekeeping are remarkable, Very friendly and helped us out with directions for some good places to eat. The rooms were very clean and smelled fresh Also. If anything I could say is that it could use a little updating but they have stated that they are working on that, So for a nice quite place to stay we recommend this hotel to everyone and have told our friends to visit and they have and told us they had a nice pleasent stay and would continue to stay if they were to return to Greenville.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trizzy36
Reviewed 8 February 2008

Feb 7,2008

We checked in the hotel about 10:00 on Feb7,2008.The bathroom was not clean,the toilet was not clean,The toilet still had urine on it and on the back of it. There were bugs in the bathtub.The carpets could use cleaning. We always stayed there when we had to be to the hospital before, But we won't anymore we will stay to some other place.!!!!!!! When we checked out all the desk clerk could say was I am sorry.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank bell83
Reviewed 30 November 2006

We had a great stay here. My fiancée and I stayed here for her residency interview. It was a great price 58.98. The room had free wireless internet and cont. breakfast. The outside is not very impressive, but the rooms are clean and bathrooms are clean. It is a great bargain for the money. You can walk right over to the hospital! We would stay here again. The staff was very nice.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Georgian99