“N/A”
Review of East Carolina Inn

East Carolina Inn
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 10 January 2014

ANY ONE STAYING IN ARE PASSING THROUGH GREENVILLE, SHOULD CONSIDER THIS MOTEL BASE ON COMFORT AND PRICE. My wife and I STAYED Here 1/9/14 and 1/10/14 because my wife brother was admitted to Pitt Mem Hospital for cancer treatment. This motel is just across the street and the staff is super. Rooms are nice and clean. the price is great. Also the serve bk:

Room Tip: once again you can ask to see room first even if you already made reservation by phone or email. You...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank marandly

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I've stayed here several times. It is located right across the street from the main entrance at Vidant Medical Center and I stay here when I'm visiting family in that hospital. They are very accommodating. It isn't a high end hotel - but it is very reasonably priced, well located, clean and friendly. They give a discount if you're visiting the hospital. I understand that they often have folks stay there who are having outpatient treatments at the hospital. I would definitely stay there again. The breakfast is sparse but it was plenty for me (and given the rates, I thought it was plenty).

Room Tip: We stay on the first floor because my mother can't negotiate stairs. I have stayed on street si...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Alex D
Reviewed 1 January 2013

The rate was reasonable but I had hurt my knee and was not in a good mood. My first room had not been made up but I did get another one. The staff was polite. Breakfast was very modest. Convenient to the medical center across the street and ECU.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I booked this room for 3 nights and my family and I were very pleased all the way around! My Dad was having surgery at the hospital directly across the street. The stay was indefinite due to the type of surgery my Dad was having and the staff was so accomodating, friendly and helpful. Their friendly attitudes and the way they treated us was just wonderful! The day my Dad got out of the hospital was his birthday. We needed to spend that night at East Carolina Inn also. When the general manager found out it was my Dad's birthday, she made a special visit to our room and even brought my Dad a birthday balloon! That meant so much to us! Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the staff at East Carolina Inn! My Dad wil be having another surgery soon and this is definitely where we will be staying again! I also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast there too! : )

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Tammy L
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stayed here because it was close to the hospital and gave us a discount because I was going to have surgery out patient. The employees are great friendly front desk and all the maids are great! Very clean comfortable and would stay again, and I am very pickey. The breakfast they offer free is great!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Pam S
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I stayed 2 nights here at the East Carolina Inn. I called and reserved my room 2 days before checking in. I told the lady on the phone I would be there early on check-in. She said I could call the day before and ask if my room would be ready. Much to my surprise, they had already blocked the room from being rented. So, I was able to check-in when I first got to town at 8:30am. The room was great. It wasn't dirty. Didn't stink. It was a non-smoking room though. The people up front were pleasnat to deal with. I asked for ideas on where to eat, and they gave several great recommendations. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Clifton W
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I can't believe the good reviews on here for this place. I don't need a fancy motel/hotel but I do expect a clean room. The carpet was filthy and the room smelled like feet. They really need to invest in a carpet cleaner. The bathroom had small traces of mold. On the bright side, the sheets seemed clean and the breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business