I don't understand all the 5 star reviews – this place is a joke.
The "Culinary Museum" consists of 3-4 curios cabinets full of "trinkets" collected by Chef Marti - who was only the chef at Camp David, not the puffed up White House Chef he advertises. His “autographed cookbook” is a pamphlet. We were suppose to get a free copy but didn’t pursue it when we saw the copy in the gift shop. His historic tour is not totally accurate and he is often “politically incorrect” – I cringed at many of his comments.
The rooms were clean but dingy. Our bed had fake rose petals on it, the room was freezing, and bathroom was full of half used Avon toiletries – courtesy of Marti’s wife who sells Avon. There are plenty of Avon brochures available.
The food was so-so. The best thing we ate was a cake made by one of the cooks – and it was from a Duncan Hines mix! We barely put our forks down before Chef Marti began his daily tour of the museum. So much for visiting with the other guests at the breakfast table.
I do think Chef Marti is very passionate about his work and history. He’s a first class B&B owner and museum curator wannabe. Not quite there yet, Marti!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Diamond ranked Inn with former Executive Chef to the President of the United States. Featured on CNN Worldwide, FOX, PBS television and Wheel of Fortune. Located in quaint Grover, NC - doorstep of the famed Kings Mountain Battlefield. Outside of Charlotte, NC on I-85. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Inn of the Patriots B & B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn Of The Patriots Bed And Breakfast
- The Inn Of The Patriots Hotel Grover