We stayed at the Inn of the Patriots on the weekend of October 5-7, 2012. My husband and I enjoyed our weekend and would definitely return. First let me say that the owners are veterans of our US Navy. I am proud to be able to help them further this business in any way I can. They have renovated an historic home with 8 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Not all the rooms have private baths but they were very creative in the way they installed bathrooms in many of the rooms. Since I have stayed in B&Bs before, I was careful to read the room discriptions when I made the reservations and I made sure I didn't have a shared bathroom because I am not comfortable with sharing a bathroom. Our room was decorated as if it were a guest room in someone's home. It had a comfortable, queen size bed. We were treated as honored guests in their home. We were given 2 different tours of the home, one by Marti and one by his wife Stormi. Each was interesting and different, playing up the different interests of the tour guide.
We went to the Baker Winery at their suggestion. It was a fun wine tasting given by the owner of the winery. They were lovely people and the wines were very good. We were not charged for the wine tasting because we came from the Inn.
We also participated in the cooking class. It was a fun afternoon that culminated in a meal at the end. The kitchen is small and I'm sure they have plans for renovation as funds become available, but they have made the best of what they have and I was not uncomfortable working in the kitchen. We were given a small booklet with a number of receipes and stories from the chef's days of cooking in other places, including the White House.The lady who helps with the cooking, Kim, was also very gracious and willing to do anything to make our time there as pleasant as possible. We also sat outside one evening, lighting a fire in the little fire pit, visiting with some of the other guests. It was a very enjoyable time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Diamond ranked Inn with former Executive Chef to the President of the United States. Featured on CNN Worldwide, FOX, PBS television and Wheel of Fortune. Located in quaint Grover, NC - doorstep of the famed Kings Mountain Battlefield. Outside of Charlotte, NC on I-85. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your The Inn of the Patriots B & B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn Of The Patriots Bed And Breakfast
- The Inn Of The Patriots Hotel Grover