“stuck n the 60's”

Welborn Motel
Welborn Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hamptonville
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Going to a local event and it was the closest, and about the only place available in this remote area. From its appearance you don't expect a lot, but at least it should be decent. Sadly it had awful service, awful rooms, a disgusting bathroom, the pool was empty....and even found drugs outside our door when we got up to leave. The only positive was the linen was good quality. Would never recommend, drive on pass.

Room Tip: there are none
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank wetracing

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Stayed here Feb 17, 2013. It was late and we were very tired and this was first accommodation we saw . Attitude of young woman on duty was bad, a warning we ignored.

Place is is deplorable condition. Heat would not work in first room. When we got second room warmed up roaches emerged.

Room Tip: stay some place else
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 1 March 2013

We wanted an inexpensive room for one night while travelling thru the area. We also wanted to visit some nearby vineyards while in the area. We were hesitant at first but the rate was extemely low and we found the room to be clean. However, it was an old facility and they seriously need a new sign and some landscape work to make it more desirable. Bottom line... the room was certainly fine for the low price and the desk clerk was a nice man from India. Thery did not have a swimming pool, which would have made the room rate higher anyway.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2008

I travel by Welborns going to Wilkesboro NC to play music with my Band at times. One attempt to stay in a room there was early Sunday Morning July 6th 08 ..My Girlfriend and I were very tired from being in Wilkesboro all night and were heading home towards Winston Salem NC..And decided to stop at Welborns to take advantage of their"Coupon for better rates" That we picked up at a Lowes food paper rack...Well, I rang the bell at window and got a Indian guy..I asked him if I could get a room there,and how much it would cost. He said $35, So I asked him if he could give me the cheaper rate..Since there was noone but maybe one truck there,I took it that there was probably one person in their Motel..I figured that my reduced rate of $25.00 would be fair for about 4 hours stay in one of their cheast rooms! But NO! He refused to let me stay there for the advertised rate! So I walked off saying "Have a blessed morning" He quickly cuts all the lights off in the place and leaves! ..The last time I stayed in a room here I was tempted to write a review then,Because afterwards I had intense itching fom being in their bed..Im not sure what I contracted,But it itched me for over a Month afterwards..Just thinking about this and the way I was treated this last go round really Irritates me about this Motel and their lack of friendlyness and rejected Hospitality..It would take a big apology and free stay sometime to help heal what I have gone through here! Hopefully they will do what is right from now on.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
11  Thank drumnguy

Been to Welborn Motel? Share your experiences!