“Keep driving!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Keep driving!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Keep driving by and don't waste your time and money! This place is going downhill rapidly. Greedy for money and forget about the customer. Owner was RUDE when confronted about OBVIOUS reasons, waitress was clueless and plain didn't care. COLD food. 6 things wrong with our meal and service and they didn't even care. All the owner cared about was to argue on who was right. Pathetic! How was I wrong???.....no bread delivered, no drinks, no potato with our meal, three out of three cold sides and then my meal was wrong. Sent it back, only to have the rest of the family eat without me. Had to put mine in a box and take it home. Just lovely......

• Visited April 2014

“Food intolarence issues”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I've been to Harrisburg Family House Restaurant several times and each time have had issues with service and my food issue (gluten intolerance). As a server myself, I understand it can be difficult at times to accommodate customers with special diets, but nevertheless, as someone with Celiac Disease (an auto-immune condition), I have to take this diet seriously and would hope my server did the same.

Every time I've gone here, it was treated as a non-issue or joke and have had problems. I have absolutely no issue explaining exactly what I can and can't eat, yet the servers never care to ask. The last time I went, I ordered grilled trout and was brought trout that had been lightly floured before grilling (not sure why this wasn't listed on the menu). The time before that I was brought a plate with bread (I asked them to leave off) thrown on top of my food. To a person without a serious condition, this would be a non-issue, but for me, this could mean becoming extremely ill for 3+ days and damage to my digestive system.

In a nutshell, this restaurant has the potential to be great. But the use of canned foods and poorly trained servers just doesn't cut it for me. I've learned my lesson and don't believe I'll be returning.

• Visited April 2014
“Love Harrisburg Family House”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We eat here every few weeks. The food is delicious and the staff are attentive. Speaking of the staff, they have very little turnover so they know the menu well.

My meal of choice is the marinated beef strips. Great flavor and texture, and always cooked perfect.

Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and family atmosphere”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Long time family owned restaurant with great home cooked food at a great prices! The service is the absolute best. There is usually a wait, but well worth it!

Visited March 2014
“a yummy time”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We enjoy Harrisburg Family House! They are very busy all the time so we often have a wait but we go knowing we might have to wait 15 min or so. The food is always very good. A few times it came out and was not very hot. We also have had hit or miss service. When its good it's great and that is most of the time. Every once in a while we have some not great service. Overall it is very yummy food and very nice staff.

• Visited January 2014