“Love eating at this restaurant.”

Harrisburg Family House Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I would not call this a "dining" experience, but the food is reasonably priced and the quality is above average. It is a frequent stop for a lot of folks, many who travel some distance to dine here on a regular basis.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Keep driving by and don't waste your time and money! This place is going downhill rapidly. Greedy for money and forget about the customer. Owner was RUDE when confronted about OBVIOUS reasons, waitress was clueless and plain didn't care. COLD food. 6 things wrong with our meal and service and they didn't even care. All the owner cared about was to argue on who was right. Pathetic! How was I wrong???.....no bread delivered, no drinks, no potato with our meal, three out of three cold sides and then my meal was wrong. Sent it back, only to have the rest of the family eat without me. Had to put mine in a box and take it home. Just lovely......

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I've been to Harrisburg Family House Restaurant several times and each time have had issues with service and my food issue (gluten intolerance). As a server myself, I understand it can be difficult at times to accommodate customers with special diets, but nevertheless, as someone with Celiac Disease (an auto-immune condition), I have to take this diet seriously and would hope my server did the same.

Every time I've gone here, it was treated as a non-issue or joke and have had problems. I have absolutely no issue explaining exactly what I can and can't eat, yet the servers never care to ask. The last time I went, I ordered grilled trout and was brought trout that had been lightly floured before grilling (not sure why this wasn't listed on the menu). The time before that I was brought a plate with bread (I asked them to leave off) thrown on top of my food. To a person without a serious condition, this would be a non-issue, but for me, this could mean becoming extremely ill for 3+ days and damage to my digestive system.

In a nutshell, this restaurant has the potential to be great. But the use of canned foods and poorly trained servers just doesn't cut it for me. I've learned my lesson and don't believe I'll be returning.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We eat here every few weeks. The food is delicious and the staff are attentive. Speaking of the staff, they have very little turnover so they know the menu well.

My meal of choice is the marinated beef strips. Great flavor and texture, and always cooked perfect.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Long time family owned restaurant with great home cooked food at a great prices! The service is the absolute best. There is usually a wait, but well worth it!