“The inn becomes my favorite place to stay in Hatteras.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hatteras Island
Seaside Inn At Hatteras
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I am a fisherman and drive down to Hatteras from NJ once a week to catch bluefin out of Hatteras. I used several motels and house down there before I found the Seaside Inn.
The building is old, but the room is very clean and it is a bargain for $50 - $60 per room for the service I get, even in winter.
Tracy and Chris are super nice and kind. When we asked a wake up call at 4:00 am, Chris knocked the door at 4:00 am and coffee and light breakfast were ready for us even it was 4:00 am. They treat you like a close friend with big smiles.
I gave 5 star for the inn, not because it is 5 star luxurious hotel, but because the value of the inn is 5 star.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Most everything on the Outer Banks is closed in Feb. But when I made my reservation, I was pleasantly surprised to find the Seaside Inn open for business under new management. The new owners Tracy and Chris have done a remarkable job making the place welcoming and open. Also, they are full of helpful info for their visitors.

Since most everything is closed up, Tracy recommended that I pick something up before getting to Hatteras Village so I was able to get some dinner and a few groceries before hand. I arrived tired and weary after the long drive. I had to get some work done, I was able to answer emails in the upstairs sitting area by the fire place. I slept well. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The Inn seems old but is in great condition. It is like stepping back in time, and slowing down. Chris got up and fed me some rocking scrambled eggs, banana nut bread, and coffee by 6:30AM so that I could meet the charter by 7AM. We had a great conversation about the Albatross Fleet and the history of Hatteras Village, sport fishing, and its people. I really got a sense of the place through talking with both of them. Seaside Inn will be the first place I call next time I have come back to Hatteras Village for fun or for work. I like this place because it feels like the way Hatteras Village might have been-- relaxed and welcoming.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank neaptide
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Seaside Inn is a great place, conveniently placed close to the Ferry dock, markets and opposite to the Gas station. We stayed there for two days and found the experience to be very warm and pleasant. Both Chris and Tracey are great hosts and take care of their guest very well. The rooms are very cozy and comfortable. The fireplace on the first floor is a good place to read books, or to talk on topics at leisure. Though the place would be even exciting in Summers, we had a great time in when we went on the last long weekend. Highly recommend this place for anyone to have a refreshing time!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sambhav79
Reviewed 18 January 2012

We just had a wonderful getaway in Hatteras North Carolina.The new INN keepers Chris and Tracie are friendly and welcomed us into the lovely Historical inn.There was a fire in the fireplace and the Christmas decorations also were a warm welcome when we arrived.It would be a beautiful place for a destination wedding or for a special gathering in their common sitting room.
It is well worth the drive to the end of the Outer Banks.hope to see you there sometime.
C&S from VA

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan G
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Traveling on business. Stayed at the Seaside Inn 12/28/11 and was very pleasantly surprised. Not you're ususal B&B. The couple who recently took over Seaside are so nice and they went out uf their way to make our stay pleasurable. Rooms were super cute and clean. This would be a great place for reunions of any type. Had trouble with the AmEx card but Tracy let us move our stuff into our room(#3) until I could get in touch with my boss for another pymnt. method which took a little bit since it was after hrs. Would not have a problem recommending this place to anyone. Oh! The room I was in was very large & is a pet friendly room with a separate entrance and a small private deck/patio area leading to the side and back yard areas which are also inviting. Rates were absolutely unbelievable in the best way!Homemade banana bred and muffins,fruit, coffee, juice and milk. Excellent! Can't wait to return! Good luck with the Seaside Inn Tracy and Chris!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Kim R
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We had been to the Seaside under a previous managment and this weekend was a wonderful surprise. The inn is a beautiful old building that the new managers are working hard to make even more charming. We had a cozy room with a great whirlpool tub. The sitting areas are inviting with lots of antiques, gas fireplaces and comfortable couches. The inn is clean, the breakfast was fresh and homemade and we will definitely return. The new managers are a breath of fresh air.

Room Tip: We were in room 4 at the top of the stairs-very cozy and comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane B
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We literally stumbled upon the Seaside last year while looking for a place to spend the night. In the middle of tourist season! They had a room, gave us a great deal, & went out of their way to make us comfortable. So when we decided to return to the Outer Banks this year, Seaside Inn was our first reservation! John & Michael are great hosts! The breakfasts are great....especially the homemade banana bread! They set us up in the same end room, #3, that we had last year. Love that room! It's quite large, boasting a great "office" area with an antique desk, a sitting area w/Futon, a quaint "armoire" in place of a closet, & I love that we have our own little porch & seperate entrance! Ask for this room when you book, you won't be sorry. The beach is a very short walk away, and sites & restaurants very close. We most definately plan to make it an annual visit.

Room Tip: Ask for #3, it's a great suite with a private porch & entrance.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple