“One of the Best in the OBX”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hatteras Island
Seaside Inn At Hatteras
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by our stay at the Seaside Inn. The rooms were clean and the beds were great. It's within walking distance to the beach.

The best part of our stay was Donna. She manages the place and makes pancakes for breakfast. a young lady that was staying there with her family the night we stayed was celebrating her 16th birthday, so Donna made her special chocolate chip pancakes and sang "Happy Birthday." It was very nice. Donna also makes her own syrup for the pancakes. It's delicious.

We weren't sure what to expect of the place when we booked our trip, but we'd absolutely go back for another stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Cove R, Manager at Seaside Inn At Hatteras, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you so much for coming to Hatteras and staying with me at the Inn. I enjoy making sure all my guests are welcomed and are comfortable and relaxed during their stay. Can't wait to have you came back again.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Just returned from 3 nights at the Seaside Inn and already planning our return for next summer. Donna was incredibly helpful and welcoming, and her pancakes (she made them fresh every day) were unparalleled! She really went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and enjoying ourselves. Our room was charming and perfect for two. Fabulous value for such a great spot.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alexa S
Cove R, Manager at Seaside Inn At Hatteras, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Thank you so much for coming to Hatteras and staying with me at the Inn. I enjoy making sure all my guests are welcomed and are comfortable and relaxed during their stay. I very much enjoy making pancakes for my guest. Can't wait to have you came back again.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

This well-maintained hotel has old time charm. Each room and suite is unique And Tastefully decorated. Donna, the manager, was very helpful and made breakfast every morning. The lobby was a great place to meet and visit and enjoy breakfast. The hotel is close to the ferry and many beaches restaurants etc. We had three families meet there and had a great time. I would definitely come back to this hotel. The off-season rate was very reasonable. Anything we needed Donna was willing to help us with.

Room Tip: Some of the sweets have a Jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rharting777
Reviewed 6 April 2013

fantastic place. chris was very friendly and helpful. he went out of his way to make sure we enjoyed ourselves. I plan to go back this fall. the place is spotless and very comfortable. its a cant miss.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 969jimb
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We pulled up to the Seaside Inn and were immediately impressed with how tidy the inn was. The owner and Donna, the manager, were very welcoming. The inn is a classic 1920's style two level, but is very well kept. Much of the wood panelling in the hallway and rooms is original. The room was very comfortable and quiet, and the price was reasonable. Breakfast was tasty and on time. Had a family-friendly, non-institutional feel. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CarolinaTrekkers
Reviewed 28 March 2013

This is one of my all-time favorite places to go, and I've stayed here on 3-4 occasions the past couple of years. This is a historic place that exudes charm from yesteryear. It is a very romantic and peaceful little place to stay. The new inn keepers are very friendly. I highly recommend this place to anyone going to Hatteras. If you are looking for a newer, more modern type of place, forget about it. But if you are the type of person who enjoys finding a really unique place that has loads of charm, then you've found it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1AndyInTN
Reviewed 26 November 2012

My boyfriend and I just got back from an unbelievably relaxing weekend on Hatteras Island, thanks in large part to our wonderful stay at the SeaSide Inn at Hatteras. Tracey and Chris took care of us from the moment I picked up the phone to make the reservation. They made sure we knew how to get there (a more challenging logistical feat thanks to Hurricane Sandy), gave us just the right amount of space during our stay and provided us with great recommendations of things to do - much appreciated as many things are closed in the off-season. My man and I visited the lighthouse, saw some of the civil war trail markers, went running on the beach (which is 2 blocks away), and came back to soak in our jetted tub.

What really struck me about this inn is how warm and comforting it feels to stay here. My boyfriend kept saying he felt more relaxed here than he feels at home. Tracey and Chris are wonderful to sit and chat with, especially in the morning over a cup of hot coffee and really freaking-good banana bread. The rooms are clean and cozy, and are apparently still being improved. Plus you can always get ice, or borrow wine glasses and corkscrew downstairs, or purchase sodas and snacks if the bread/muffins/fresh fruit aren't enough for you. It's hard to find places this good - and I've vacationed in many different locales - with so much history and obvious attention to detail, for such a seriously affordable price.

The two innkeepers have only been in this Inn for a year, but they are old hands at hospitality and caretaking. Can you tell that we loved it? If/when we come back to the Outer Banks, we will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: I peeked at the upstairs rooms and the ones at the end (9 and 10, I think) seemed larger. Ours (Room...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple