“Good place, good beach, good breakfest, good price.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hatteras Island
Seaside Inn At Hatteras
Porto Alegre, RS
“Good place, good beach, good breakfest, good price.”
Reviewed 26 August 2010

5min walking distance from the beach, calm place. Small beads and rooms, but not a major problem. Decor a little kitsch, but that makes it a BB. In a quiet place like Hatteras, it is a crime to stay in a chain hotel and expect the same thing all the time. That's the BB stuff all about: feel at home (or at grandparents house...). I can highly recommed the place but, more than that, the outer banks (OBX) as a destination, quiet, relax, romantic.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MasterBoneco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Washington, DC
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Lovely place to stay. The breakfast room/lounge had the feeling of an old Cape May house or maybe something in Brighton. Not commercial at all. We felt like we were staying at someones' house, although we didn't see the owner/managers much, because, of course, they were busy running the Inn. Old hotel/b&b, run by people who are vested in the place, which counts for a lot these days. We were charmed.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank travelhaj
london
Reviewed 8 February 2010

Stayed here for a weekend in January - couldn't have had a warmer welcome. As I was out in the sound and offshore fishing I wanted real comfort when I got back. And that it just what I got - a great room - a comfortable lounge ( 2 in fact) - and a yummy breakfast the next morning. Real help in finding local dining and suggestions for sights to see. Inn keeping at its best.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
Ft. Bragg, NC
Reviewed 6 July 2009

First, I must admit how very hard to please I can be regarding accomodations and dining. That being said, I have not a single complaint about our stay at this lovely inn except that we didn't have more to enjoy it. It is very comfortable, clean and inviting. My husband and I felt at home and really had a wonderful time during our stay. The home is full of treasures from around the world as well as many historical artifacts and antiques as well as dashes of whimsy throughout. The innkeepers are really knowledgeable about the area as well as its history and were more than helpful with anything that we needed. I appreciated the attention to detail-- I loved the fresh berries and home-baked banana bread each morning! I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
DC
Reviewed 6 June 2009

I had booked a travel for the 23-25th of May, 2009. Called on the 19th of May to tell them we will not make it. Was told if they can rent the room then they will charge us only 22$ as service fee. Fair enough.
After several calls learnt the place was rented.
On checking my credit card, I found out that they had charged me 367$ though I never auhorized them to charge me. THe charged me though I was told I will not be charged and will only be charged for the service fee.
After several calls later and promises each time that they would refund my money, have still not seen a credit.

Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank emily5DC
SeasideInnHatteras, Manager at Seaside Inn At Hatteras, responded to this review, 12 June 2009
As manager, I must correct some statements made. First, a refund was credited to her credit card before she posted her comment. She willingly provided her credit card number with full knowledge that she would be charged for her resevation, and done absolutley by her authorization. The cancellation policy was clearly explained to her. It was not done immediatly, as she wanted, but it was done when the room was rerented. By reserving and paying for a room, she kept it "off the books" and unavailable for rent until she changed her mind. When the room was rerented she was given a refund, minus a modest $20 administrative fee. She stated to me her reason for cancellation repeatedly: "I didn't know you were so far away and I don't want to drive that far," not simply "we will not make it," as stated above.
Florida
Reviewed 3 May 2009

This place is beautiful, quaint, and private.. I enjoyed my stay so much I cried when leaving! I feel the in keepers, John and Michael are amazing people and I am grateful for their hospitality. It's clean, quiet, romantic, and felt like home. I am planning on going again!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 24 February 2009

My friends and I took a trip to the Outer Banks and without planning ahead, we decided to stay at this little Inn that we came upon. It turned out to be charming, warm, well-kept, clean, reasonably priced and the keepers were very helpful and friendly. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a lovely weekend getaway or a comfortable place to stay for a longer trip!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends