“An outdoor experience with wonderful food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gringo Tacos - CLOSED

Gringo Tacos
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
“An outdoor experience with wonderful food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Our first night in Hatteras was spent eating tacos and enjoying the beautiful sunset. The tacos and nachos are delicious. I had the shrimp nachos and my family enjoyed the pulled beef tacos. Of course we had to return for an encore of tacos, pulled pork and pulled beef. They also have live music on Wednesday nights. This is not a restaurant, it is literally a taco shack located near the ferry at the Hatteras Landing shops. You order and sit out on the deck to eat. The chairs are very comfortable, the sunsets are breath taking and the food is delicious. You will not be sorry! We will definitely return!!

Thank Jennifer and Ke... W

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Tacos, beer and sunshine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

This was a great find! I stumbled on it while checking out the docks. I ordered a shrimp taco, mahi taco and a corona. The ladies making the food were really pleasant. After I left, I sent everyone in my family over to try it out. Thumbs up from all.

Chicago, Illinois
“A Yummy Little Secret”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

This little taco shack is easy to miss. But, happy day to those who find it!

The nachos are insanely filling and delicious and my husband can't get enough of the shredded beef burritos. Their guacamole is also really yummy.

Located right on the pier, it's a great place to enjoy simple and quick food while sitting outside, watching the sunset.

1 Thank drcortez
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Gringo's is a tiny shack located at the ferry docks in Hatteras, so it is very easy to miss if you don't know about it. Last year my boyfriend and I decided to give them a try for lunch while visiting the shops at Hatteras Landing, and now we are HOOKED. We ended up going at least three more times that trip for the shrimp and fresh fish tacos, and all year afterward my boyfriend kept wishing for more! So of course, Gringo's was high on our list of places to go this year, and we were not disappointed. Aside from the shrimp tacos, the highlights this year were the blackened mahi-mahi tacos and the wahoo tacos (all with VERY fresh local fish) Last year we had amberjack and tuna tacos as well. The veggies and pico are fresh, too! The shrimp taco is $3 and change, and roughly $6 for a fish taco. They offer daily specials so come back often, and come back hungry! Seriously, I could gobble one of these down every day. Makes a great lunch or dinner. Also found out this year that Gringo's will deliver your meal to you as well!

• Visited June 2013
“Blackened shrimp quesidilla...worst ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

The blackwned shrimp was soggy on the inside, burnt on tbe outdide and there was no flavor. TBD grease was pooled on the paper ad well. And it cost $13.00!! There were 8 shrimp on the entire meal. So disappointing for the money. It all went in the trash.

• Visited June 2013