“One hell of a Wednesday night” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Seating, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One hell of a Wednesday night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

Showed up from ocracoke and saw they had live music so the family and I went to the outdoor patio ordered the softshell with fries... Very tasteful the wife and kids got the fried shrimp and channel bass platter a great variety of local seafood... A pretty loaded plate all in all after an evening full of food and a bottle of wine with the wife while watching the band had a great time and can't wait to go back again. Do yourself a favor and visit this establishment.

1 Thank armyscout

Silver City, New Mexico
“Not a Bad Meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

After a long drive down from Kitty Hawk we were ready for lunch. We chose Channel Bass because there were a number of cars outside. Turned out it was a large party not individual guests. Our server wasn’t familiar with the menu and explained she usually worked breakfast. I ordered the scallop burger and fries. The fries were real fries not processed. The scallop burger was interesting but not something I would order regularly. I learned that “lightly dusted” means something fried does not have a heavy batter that disguises a small portion of meat. Several other people (owner ?) checked to see if everything was to our satisfaction. All of our requests were met so the experience was satisfactory.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Donna S
Statesville, North Carolina
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

We ate there for dinner on our way back from Ocracoke. Our service was good, but we were literally the only customers in the place, so of course the service was good. Two people in our party ordered hamburgers, which were good. The rest of the food was not, however, and the cupcakes (which came with the kids' meals) had mold growing on the bottom of them! All-in-all, we had MUCH better meals during our vacation than this one, especially considering the high prices.

• Visited May 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best on hatteras”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

Great service reasonable prices and one of the best philly cheese steaks I've ever had I will for sure be back

West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Just opened and off to a great start!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stopped in on Easter Sunday for take-out lunch since we were out for a Sunday ride in the sun and had our dog with us. I ordered the soft shell crab sandwich and my wife had the cheeseburger, both came with fries. The owner, who took our order was pleasant and said that the restaurant was closed for 4 years and they just opened recently. I could tell there were perhaps some bugs in the system, but nothing that affected our order or they way they greeted customers and waited on them. By the time we got our order, 10-15 minutes, the restaurant became very full, church got out and it was 12 noon. I wished the owner good luck and took our lunch and sat outside overlooking the canal. My soft shell sandwich was great. The crab was lightly dusted with corn meal and cooked just perfectly. My wife’s burger was also cooked to perfection and was great! The fries were crispy and of course, they had far to many for us to eat. We left very full and satisfied that we had found a great restaurant. We will be sure to stop back when our travels get us to Hatteras.

• Visited April 2012