I must acknowledge that I booked this hotel through a bidding website that blinds the name of the hotel until a bid is accepted. I was bidding on what I thought was a hotel in New Bern, but was given this hotel, which is located in Havelock and is close to a 20 minute drive from downtown New Bern. So, I was disappointed with the hotel sight unseen. The hotel is new and its common areas are nicely decorated. The rooms are adequately sized and the decor is modern; however, it's a very cheap modern. For example, the shower was enclosed with large glass panels and a glass door; both leaked all over the bathroom floor despite what appeared to be repetitive and messy attempts to caulk over the cracks. The room doors were fitted with the bane of any hotel - hydraulic door closers which forced the doors shut with a bang. Through the thin walls, the slams of doors echoed throughout the night along with conversations in the hallway of the many contractors coming and going on beer runs.
On the plus side, the front desk receptionist was extremely nice and welcoming. The complimentary coffee and breakfast were good. The complimentary bottled water was a very nice touch. The night we arrived, a large flock of swallows migrated in and began fervently building mud nests underneath the roof of the portico. Obviously, the hotel was erected on their nesting grounds and I sincerely hope the management does not try to exterminate these birds. They are very pretty and their presence adds a nice touch to the property.
Good luck finding a decent hotel in Havelock. We ate at the Carolina Diner directly in front of the hotel, which seemed to be the best choice in town, which is a very sad statement. The food and presentation were similar to a diner although it was located in what appeared to be a refurbished Applebee's building.
All in all, not a particularly pleasant experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Havelock boasts 95 single, double, and executive style suites. Kitchenettes, jet bathtubs, and glass showers are among the upgraded amenities. All hotel rooms are equipped with a microwave, refrigerator, flat screen TV, free Wi-Fi, daily newspaper, coffee maker, iron and ironing board. We offer a Complimentary hot breakfast each morning consisting of fruit, hot/cold cereal, assorted bakery items, eggs, pancakes, biscuits, gravy sausage and our famous cinnamon rolls. For your convenience we offer complimentary use of our business center, fitness room, and indoor pool. The Holiday Inn Express is centrally located near various restaurants, MCAS Cherry Point, Coastal Carolina Regional Airport, Atlantic Beach and is only fifteen minutes from downtown New Bern. We look forward to making your stay a relaxing and enjoyable one!** If you have trouble finding our location on a GPS please use the address 201 Tourist Center Dr. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock Hotel Havelock
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Havelock