“Not New”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Havelock
Reviewed 21 May 2014

For a hotel that is supposted to be newish it was as though it was put up in a hurry and then not taken care of.The rooms smelled, carpet in hallways and in room very dirty and stained. Tile in bathroom was terrible. It was like they hired untrained labor to lay flooring using stick on flooring and the seal the gaps with puddy. The grout was gone around the shower wall and the shower door opened inward instead of outward, which made taking a shower very difficult. The furniture was very worn in places and the back of the desk chair was broken off. There was little to no sound barrier between rooms.

Breakfast was terrible. The powdered eggs and frozen biscuits were just plan nasty. Coffee was watered down, the cereal was not bad. Ended up going to Waffel House during our 4 day stay.

Lobby was nice, clean and gave one the impression that this hotel was in good shape. Staff was friendly when they were at the desk. Twice I had to call HELLO before someone came out to help.

Have stayed in Holiday Inn Express in other locations throughout the U.S. and none of them were this bad.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Melinda M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear 360travelor,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay. We apologize that your room and the hallways were not up to standards on smell and cleanliness and that the breakfast was not good and that there wasn't somebody at the desk when you needed them. Thank you for bringing all this to our attention so we can address these issues because we hold ourselves to higher standards. We hope you will give us another chance next time you are in Havelock.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

From check in to check out a Class AA place. Room AA., Breakfast AA Staff AA.
Location AA. House keeping AA. Comfort AA. Next time I am in Havelock, NC I know where I will stay. This is by far the best hotel we have stayed in this year, and we stay on the road a lot of the time. JC Greensboro, NC

Room Tip: I believe any room would be great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Melinda M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear jerrycooper,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay! We are very happy to hear that you will stay with us again next time you are in Havelock, NC. We really appreciate your comment about being the best hotel you have stayed in this year. We strive to be the best! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My boyfriend & I were in Havelock to visit my best friend & her husband who are stationed at Cherry Point. We only stayed one night, but we didn't have a single complaint about anything! First of all, the woman at the front desk was very friendly, informative, & helpful. Checking in and out was very quick and easy. Our room was very clean (I tend to be picky, too!) and the bed was very comfortable. They had a great breakfast selection and everything we had tasted pretty good! The price was great for the quality, too. I would definitely recommend this hotel if anyone is visiting Havelock or the surrounding areas!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jenn T,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay! We are very pleased to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and hope you had a great time with your best friend. We are happy to hear that the staff was friendly, your room was clean, your bed was comfortable, and the breakfast was pretty good. We appreciate your recommendation and hope you will stay with us again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband and I recently travelled to North Carolina for the birth of our first grandchild. We chose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Havelock. I cannot say enough about the staff, they were, each and every one we encountered, friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was what you would expect for a Holiday Inn - it was clean, the bed was comfy (loved the choice of soft or firm pillows), Our room was showing a few signs of wear - chipped plaster around the air conditioner and in the bathroom - but all in all nice. The air conditioner controller was remote and could be controlled from the bed which was a nice perk. My only issue with the room was that I booked a two room suite - my husband is a night owl and I like to go to bed early - I specifically booked the two room suite so I could close the bedroom door and sleep and he could be in the sitting area. There was, however, no door on the bedroom - so while he did stay in the sitting area watching tv - I could see the light from the tv and could certainly hear it clearly even though he had the volume low. Had I known there was no door, I would have saved the extra expense of two rooms and just booked a regular room since I could see and hear the tv anyway. To me, if there is no door, it isn't two rooms, it is just one big room with two tvs. The breakfast was hot and very good - more than I expected for a complimentary breakfast - pancakes on demand, warm cinnamon rolls, cereal, breads, muffins, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, juices, coffee & tea. The breakfast area was kept well stocked and very clean even late into the breakfast hours. There was also lots of info on local attractions available. If we return to the Havelock area, we would certainly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the fourth floor and it was very quiet and only a short walk to the elevator. It f...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Melinda M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear mollyonh,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay! Congratulations on the birth of your first grandchild! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do apologize about the two room suite and sincerely hope you were able to get a good night's rest. We are glad you got more than you expected with breakfast and were able to easily find information about the area. We look forward to you staying with us next time you are in town visiting.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My daughter and I Came from Pennsylvania to visit my son-in law stationed at Cherry Point. This Hotel was very convenient to everything, easy check-in and check-out. Room was clean and housekeeping did a superb job, staff was very friendly and helpful. Price was affordable, I give this hotel a rating of AAA++++ Please take advantage of the tripadvisor.com for your Hotel ratings like I did, I was so glad that did my research. Had a relative that bragged about how cheap his room was but when we went to his hotel to meet him (his family), the hotel was not clean at all and while we were visiting I was sitting in their room and looked down on the side of the bed and there was a cockroach...long story short, just because you think you got a much cheaper price doesn't mean anything!! Thank you again for a wonderful stay and I will be booking again when I come back down! :) Yvonne Shaffer

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Melinda M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Yvonne S,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay! We are very pleased to hear that your check in and check out was easy, the room was clean, price affordable, and superb housekeeping. We are glad that your research paid off and you enjoyed your stay. I hope your time with your son-in-law was great! We appreciate your comments and look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

My husband and I needed to stay in Havelock for a few days before we closed on our new home. After traveling all the way across the country with our two dogs, it was important to find a comfortable place for 3 nights that was pet-friendly and this hotel exceeded our expectations. Clean, new, lots of parking, convenient location, fitness center, indoor pool, spacious rooms, excellent breakfast buffet, beautiful decor, free wi-fi, business center, laundry facilities, sundry shop, comfortable beds and linens, and friendly staff. Lisa works at the front desk and couldn't have been more helpful from the time I called the hotel to reserve a room to our entire 3-night stay. Paul was a friendly face in the mornings as we ate breakfast, and Kristin prepared a wonderful breakfast buffet while keeping everything clean and stocked - always with a smile on her face. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area for any period of time. I have stayed in two other Havelock hotels and will never choose them again - The Holiday Inn far exceeds what any of the other hotels offer.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Melinda M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear SharonB2,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of our accommodations. Our staff strives to make everyone (even our four legged guests) feel welcome and at home while staying with us. We appreciate the compliments and the recommendation!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Came from California to visit my son who just got home from deployment. Had a wonderful time. All the employees were very nice and always said hi or how was your day, etc. when we walked by the front desk. The room was clean whenever we came back to it. Loved having the breakfast in the morning. When my daughter got down there as they were putting the food away (after breakfast was done) they put it back so my daughter could get some. So accommodating. Loved that you had a choice of pillows as it stated on the pillow cover whether it was firm or soft.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear 977DonnaB,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay! We are very happy to hear your son is home from deployment and you got to come for a visit! We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and the wonderful compliments. We strive to make all our guests feel welcome and at home. I hope you will stay with us again if you come back to the area.

Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Havelock
Hampton Inn Havelock
Hampton Inn Havelock
#1 of 7 in Havelock
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#3 of 7 in Havelock
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Quality Inn Havelock
Quality Inn Havelock
#6 of 7 in Havelock
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#2 of 5 in Morehead City

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock? Share your experiences!