“What a Dump!!!!!”
Review of Days Inn Havelock

Days Inn Havelock
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Havelock
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I have always stayed in Days Inn when traveling and must say that I am really disappointed with this particular overnight stay which was pre-booked. The price for this motel was ridiculous and I have stayed at road side motels that were nicer than this for a lot less money. First of all, it was 95 degrees outside and the middle of summer. The common hallways throughout, both upstairs and downstairs were stiffling hot with no air conditioning on at all. Additionally, the hallways had an odor and also a musty smell to them. My reservation was booked upstairs and the heat was even worse in the halls. There is NO ELEVATOR in this motel and the stairs are extremely steep. This was difficult for my mother who was traveling with me. As a result, my room was switched to a downstairs unit. I thought that once I got through the hot, smelly halls the room would be better. NOT. The air conditioning was not on and the mini fridge was unplugged. I requested a smoking room as I am a smoker, however, the stale stench of smoke in the room was overwhelming. I had to make several trips to the office--only one bath towel, to complain about the room stink, and because I thought the fridge was not working. The front desk clerk indicated that the cleaning staff unplug the fridges and it did eventually come on. It took several hours to get cool and I had to purchase another drink because my hot drink took until morning to get cool. I was given some spray for the room, which did help immensely. The room was supposed to be a double bed, but it is more like a full--be warned in case you are used to a bigger bed. For the positives, the night clerk was extremely nice and helpful even with all of the many trips to the office. The day clerk was nice as well. The continental breakfast was exactly as shown on the web picture, with the exception of bananas. The television channels are many and included HBO which was nice. Value for the money-no. Oh and there was a total of 6 cars that stayed here on the night that I did. My impression is that they are cost cutting. However, this particular motel needs a major overhaul for the prices they are charging.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Havelock

Reviewed 8 July 2012

The hallway was right out of a slasher flick - old, musty, dimly lit. The room was OK. I don't think it'd been used in awhile because everything was unglugged. The neighborhood was low-rent. The pool looked good. The front desk woman was very nice. Pet-friendly. Yes, it's cheap. Yes, it was fine for one night.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Have stayed here for the past 5 years, never had a problem. Hotel staff is wonderful and attentive! Great stay for price, other hotels around the area are 2 to 3 times more in price. Anyone living near the coast area in NC knows that when hard and heavy rains come flooding areas are inevitable, no matter what hotel you stay at! Thanks Days Inn for a great time. See you next year :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I had a choice of rating Average or Poor-I leaned towards Average only because the girl at the front desk was so nice. If I had small kids, I'd skip this place unless money is an issue. We arrived during a torrential downpour so was just happy to get indoors-the flooding in the parking lot to the right of the building was a little unnerving. I braved the storm and re-parked on the left by the pool.
We checked into room 14 and the smell was indescribable and the toilet was running nonstop. reported the toilet as the reason for the move to the front desk and was moved. The next room was ok-management take note: use room 14 for storage or something-the smell is sickening. There was no A/C on in the hallway-it was tropical out there. At night, the front desk clerk is locked in-not to say I wouldn't want that myself. Didn't feel quite safe myself when leaving the room. The chain lock to the room door was just screwed in-looked easy enough to come right out of the wall with one good kick. As we weren't on the run from anyone, wasn't too worried. We did hear police sirens throughout the night. The rooms may have been cleaned, but the oldness just gave a feeling of filthy. My toothbrush fell on the floor and I ran it under hot water and ended up buying another first chance...OVERALL: Was just o.k. to stay in a pinch-I usually do a better job in checking hotels out-did it online from another hotel during traveling as we weren't sure about vacation plans. The people at the front desk are nice-the hotel is a port in a storm if necessary.

Room Tip: Not for small kids unless money is an issue...needs updating...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2012

not the cleanest, musty smell, dirty carpet..just ok

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I stayed at this Days Inn from May 5 until May 7 of 2012. I was very impressed with the kindness of the staff particularly Iris and Brenda. Iris went above and beyond in my opinion. She allowed my husband and son to come in and stay when I told her that they had gotten lost on their way into Havelock. Brenda was very cheerful as was Iris and both of them always had a smile on their face. When I am in Havelock again, I will definitely stay here again. Thank you so much for all you did to make me and my family's stay a happy one, Iris and Brenda! I will see you soon!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed there back in August during the hurricane and the owner/manager did everything possible to make people happy. He made coffee for his customers when there was no electric his cleaning people did the best they could without electric. The girl Iris and Mr. Patel were the most nicest people to deal with always had time to talk to you. The rooms were clean and I am sorry to disagree with people but no smells in the hallways. We were just there during spring break for another week and couldn't have been happier. If your looking for something like the Best Western where people can't remember you and you pay top dollar for the room well then I suggest you stay there. You can't beat this Days Inn for being clean and friendly people on the payroll. We will stay there anytime we go down there as a family.

Room Tip: We stayed on the same side as the pool and was very happy with the room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Havelock
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge Crystal Coast
Econo Lodge Crystal Coast
#5 of 5 in Morehead City
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront

Been to Days Inn Havelock? Share your experiences!