Days Inn Havelock
  • Pool
US$100
US$111
US$93
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores(Pine Knoll Shores)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$130
Travelocity
All reviewsroom was cleangreat value for the pricefront officeair stationother hotels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2009

To be honest, I didn't know what to expect after reading some of the reviews, but I had a good experience. Upon checking at about 5:00ish on Oct. 9 the front desk clerk was extremely friendly and helpful. Upon checkout two days later another front desk clerk was also very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and they had ice. The building was older but in good shape. A few other reviews mentioned the "bar" nigh club next door, but we had no problems at all and head no noise when inside. I even stood outside and smoked a cigar had no problems. The nightclub parking lot was full, but had parking lot checkers and I even saw a police car or two drive around, just checking. It was a clean and friendly atmosphere. I will stay here again when in the area.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2009

After reading some of the other reviews here, I have to be honest, I wasn't expecting much . . . but the hotel is one of only a few on my corporate discount program in this area so we gave it a try. First off. let me say that when it comes to budget motels we have always fared pretty well with Days Inn. In this particular area (Morehead, Havelock) there just are not too many mid range places to stay. Plenty of upscale, plenty of roach hotels, but little in the middle of the range. We found our room to be very clean, much more quiet than several others we stayed at recently, and quite acceptable in every way. A couple of nice touches included: a friendly and efficient staff, a clean and well kept room, a very quiet environment, and by far the best of its' class in the area. The continental breakfast was a little spartan, but hey, it kept us out of the local breakfast restaurants. If you need basic lodging in this area, from our experience you will likely do no better!

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 29 November 2008

I stayed at this hotel when I went to visit my brother at Camp Lejeune (he is a Marine). All of the hotels by the base were completely booked, so I had to stay in this hotel by Cherry Pointe. I had my dog and my cat with me, so this was a good choice in my opinion because it was pet friendly.

The hotel served its purpose. The beds are moderately comfortable, the AC gets really cold, and the room was always cleaned. There was a musty smell, but you should not be staying in your hotel room the entire time!!! Get out and do something. COmes with a quick breakfast, not too much variety. Pool was closed due to the weather. But, the hotel served its purpose. I slept there at night and went out during the day.

If you are expecting any type of luxury stay, do not stay here. If you need a place to stop over and will not be spending much time in your room, then stay here. It is about 30 minutes from Camp Lejeune.

Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Calixgirl
Reviewed 18 June 2008

First time I have ever sad to escalate to corporate because of the filth, sanitary condition, and building problems. Toilet was listing at 15 degrees, doors were so out of level that you can actually see all the way into the room on the first floor from the hallway. Nothing worked, they wanted to charge us additional for a second bed when we had already reserved a second bed. Everything was falling apart, and there is poison ivy all around the perimeter of the hotel. The smell was so bad that we had to change rooms. Days Inn needs to revoke this franchisee. Do yourself a favor and avoid this dump!

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 7 March 2008

Run away, go to a camping area...
Wonder how hotels like this stay open and folks still come here.
We did make last minute reservations for one night only to see a very short Marine graduation ooh rah!
Sadly didn't have time to come to this site, always make the time anywhere you plan to stay.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family