“Good Deal for the price”
Review of Sherwood Motel

Sherwood Motel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Havelock
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Wow! Not bad for the price! We recently stayed there on our way through to the South, and will be staying there on my way back. Used to stay at the Days Inn, but I like this place. It is older, but it seems that the owner is slowly working on some updating. If you are looking for a place to stay while you do other things, this is worth it. They do not have frills, but I am okay with that, and I don't expect it for the price.
I can go to the ocean which is not that far away and then get away from it all by coming back here at night.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Rachel D
There are newer reviews for Sherwood Motel

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Yes, the Sherwood Motel is an older motel, but the rooms were very nice and clean. My husband and I both loved the fact that they had a working refrigerator and very good water pressure. We both slept like babies there...the mattress was very comfortable and surprisingly, they put both very soft and medium pillows on the beds (nice touch!) From the time I booked our room (over the phone) to our departure, the staff and the management were very helpful and kind. The rates were terriific for our needs and getting to and from the base could not have been easier!
Absolutly NO BUGS! I check all the rooms we stay in during our travels and I can assure you this motel is free of them.

Room Tip: YOu do not need to spend a lot of money for a good nights sleep!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ruth E P
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The management rented us the room and assumed that we were there to party. I don't know how much partying you can do with a two year old toddle and a 1 year old baby. We are locals from about 100 miles down the highway from here. We wanted a early start on doing some beach fun along with visiting the state aquarium. We check in on 31 Mar, 2012 and left before 10am on 1 apr. The manager wanted us to stay while he inspected the room and demanded an apology because he was flipped off by one of our party. He threaten to call the police because of our party's behavior which he continued to belittle us. I recommend not to use this place and will be calling the local law enforcement to see if this character is running a straight business. I hope that no one wants to stay here unless you want to be part of the local scene which is marine partying in this town. Next time we will get a room on the beach at a more upscale chain which would be worth the money. Before We checked out, We had cleaned the room and gathered the trash up and even wiped the tables and furniture off. I will write another review later after confering with the local BBB and law enforcement. I don't blame our member of our party for his attitude towards the manager/owner. We got a dose of it on the way out.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2011

We have stayed here the past 5 years for our fishing trips. The rates are reasonable, the rooms have always been clean and the staff has always been very nice to us! The rooms are not fancy, and the bathrooms could do with some work, but otherwise its just fine!!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Working on the road, I live in motels. My crew and I have very few requirements for where we stay, those being cable tv, internet and NO BUGS! We were surprised to find the Sherwood. Management is very courteous, the help is friendly and the motel is super clean. Even the smoking rooms smell clean.

My family was out when we were evacuated for Hurricane Irene. When we came back to Havelock, they insisted that we stay at the Sherwood.

THere have been a few incidents with unruly guests but the manager took care of it right away.

I would suggest this motel to anyone staying in Havelock for any amount of time.

Room Tip: Single rooms only have showers, doubles have bath tubs
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I love staying here at this motel. The people here are very friendly and met my needs that I needed.

Room Tip: rooms are clean
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed here late one night because there was nowhere else for a 30 mile radius. After over an hour of searching, we checked in. The clerk was kind of sarcastic and didn't do much behind his little glass case. The room was like a greenhouse and it took a while to cool down, but it was fine once it did. The bathrooms were wretched and by far the worst part of the room. We didn't even shower because we felt unclean just by looking at it. I didn't even use the toilet whilest there. The main area was decently clean and had old furniture and an older TV. The sheets smelled fine, but not fresh. It was very baseline all the way around, except for the bathroom, which was practically unusable. I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Havelock
Econo Lodge
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock
Sandpiper Motel
Sandpiper Motel
#8 of 9 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Sherwood Motel? Share your experiences!