“Cherry Point Get-A-Way”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Havelock
Rocky Mount
“Cherry Point Get-A-Way”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I had original booked a get-a-way weekend for a Valentines gift but had to cancel when plans changed.Two weeks ago we found out that we would be able to take off so I had to find a new place to stay as my 1st choice motel was all booked up.The Sherwood is an older Motel, nothing fancy, but clean and comfortable bed. You can tell the room had been remodeled, new carpet and wallpaper but old furniture still. Had both a Fridge and microwave in room, air dryer is kept at front desk.The people were all very friendly who worked there.Easy to find and real close to the Air Show !

Room Tip: We were on the 2ed floor, very quiet and AC worked well. No clock/radio in room, the only thing I mi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Susan C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We picked this hotel for it´s price and reasonable reviews online. We were not disappointed. Service was friendly. The room itself a bit outdated, but not bad. Slept well. Big parking space. Enough food options, all along the Main road.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bonairetraveller
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

I needed to meet some people at Atlantic Beach at 9:00 am. To be there that early I had to spend the previous night in an area motel. The motels at or near Atlantic Beach were much too expensive. I found the Sherwood Motel in Havelock, NC about 17 miles from the beach. It was a lucky find. An extremely clean and very well maintained motel at an extraordinary low rate. The only drawback is that Havelock is one mile from a Marine Corps Air Station. Two fighter jets took off from the Air Station while I was at the motel and it was deafening. The Marines call it "The Sound of Freedom." I enjoyed the sight of the jets rocketing past but small children could be frightened (or delighted). The planes do not fly in the evening or night.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Thomas S
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We work on cherry point base on and off all the time. We always stayed at this motel. Rooms are clean and very reasonable price.they. have renovated the place. It is locketed right around The corner from the base

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Richard5007
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I'm a VERY laid back person but this hotel was horrible! My boyfriend is in the marines so he is use to rooms, such as the barracks, being gross at times. I have a younger brother as well and even though i love thins clean i know that is not always the case. This hotel was overall just gross though and i cant believe they are in business still. I'm not exaggerating in the least but there was bugs in our room. The bugs were dead and in the corners but still it was disgusting. Our first room had no warm water for a shower so we went to see what was going on and they put us in a second room. The second room had bugs too and no hot water! So we went and said something and they put us in our third room which again had bugs and no warm water. By this time we were extremely frustrated and it was late! We therefore did not shower and we went to bed. We woke up in the morning and we still had no warm water to shower. The front desk said we go out into another room and shower but we couldn't stay in that room because the guests were going to be checking in a couple hours. We ended up packing up our stuff and going to a different hotel. We asked for at least some of our money back and the owner told me he can give me 5 dollars back but that was all he could do. It was a joke. We did not have the extra money set aside to go to a different hotel so we had to take out more money to deal with this mess.

• Stayed December 2012

Travellers are raving about these Havelock hotels

Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I have stayed at this hotel with my friends while on way to Atlantic beach for several years. The hotel is always clean and the staff is always friendly. I recently left my wallet in the room, with many credit cards and some cash. The hotel called my home and notified me that the wallet was there. They kept it locked away until I came back to get it. I came after 5 pm on a Saturday and the receptionist did not have the code to get the wallet, but she made a few phone calls and within 30 minutes someone came in and retrieved the wallet for me. I would like to THANK the entire staff for their honesty, trustworthiness and above all their desire to go above the call of duty to help me retrieve the wallet at the least inconvenience to me. I highly recommend this location for business travel also. It is not a resort, It is not a five star hotel, but when it comes to just good business travel it is always above and beyond what is necessary. As for the reviews of being outdated that I have read, the hotel does regular updates to paint and carpet and like any hotel they are not always new, but I have always found that the rooms are kept well. The hotel is clean and the few rooms that were once smoking rooms and have now been converted to non-smoking do still have a lingering odor for those of us that do not smoke....however the staff has always been willing to move me to rooms that do accommodate our preference of non-smoking.If you are looking for a great stay, with pleasant and accommodating staff and a clean room with all the necessary conveniences (microwave, frig, internet, comfortable beds, cleanliness and good size TV's and spacious rooms) then the Sherwood in Havlock NC is a great choice.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank rockthestar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Havelock
Quality Inn Havelock
Econo Lodge Crystal Coast
Econo Lodge Crystal Coast
#5 of 5 in Morehead City
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront

Been to Sherwood Motel? Share your experiences!