“Defective appliances, roach infested, NASTY NASTY NASTY”
Review of Sherwood Motel

Sherwood Motel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Havelock
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I sure wish I had known there was a Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn just up the road! Not even 5 minutes. The "manager" spoke very broken and hard to decipher English. The microwave was inoperable, the ac barely put out cold air so we were dying. The bathroom door wouldn't lock or stay closed, but the worst of all was the HUGE bugs!!! Woke up at 2:30 am by the bugs scurrying up the wall. Was too exhausted to leave, kids wanted to sleep in the car. Woke up at 7:30 am with one on my son's foot!!! Spoke to "manager" who claims she was only authorized to give a 10% refund. $5 back so I spent $57 for one of the worst experiences of our vacation. Ok... It was the worst experience. They even offered a discount on future stays. Lmao. Nope. No way. Ain't never going there again.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Tonya K

Reviewed 7 July 2014

It's an older motel and has not been upgraded in a few years. Convenient to Cherry Point Marine Air Station and Morehead City. It's about 20 minutes from Atlantic Beach, NC. It has air conditioning, refrigerator, microwave, television, telephone, internet and hot water. Owners are helpful. No pool. It is NOT the Ritz! But it's very inexpensive. I'll drive 20 minutes to the beach each day in order to save between $100 and $150 per night.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are more convenient
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MidnightKrewzer
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was the worst hotel that I have ever stayed at! First of all the front desk staff was nice on the phone but lied about the distance to a job site that I was working at. She stated it was three miles when it was 30 minutes causing me to be late to work! The room was a nightmare! The floor in the room was wet and their was mold growing in the room!! The shower was leaking causing the floor to be wet. To top this horrible experience their were roaches!! This is unbelievable! I came home and there were roaches in my bag from the hotel!! Please stay away from this place. I should have known by the looks of the outside!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tara s
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here June 5 2014 and This motel was the worst place I've ever stayed. I pulled the comforter back to find blood all over the sheets. When the sheets were changed there was a 6 inch centipede under the sheets. The room smelled awful... Although the motel was almost completely vacant they wouldn't allow us to have a bottom floor. It was storming so bad that the parking lot was flood & they had no covering over the stair so all of my clothes & bags were soaked...even though there was only 4 cars in the parking lot at the most the night we checked in and the morning after...I asked for a late check out bc I had to be at a graduation but the rest of my family couldn't come...even though they sd I could have a late check out. .before I was able to get back they had kicked my family out in 90 degree weather and NO ONE was checking in that needed the room. I pulled up to find my family sitting outside in the heat & sun. I wouldn't let my worst enemy stay there! A waste of money!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Kandas D
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I had original booked a get-a-way weekend for a Valentines gift but had to cancel when plans changed.Two weeks ago we found out that we would be able to take off so I had to find a new place to stay as my 1st choice motel was all booked up.The Sherwood is an older Motel, nothing fancy, but clean and comfortable bed. You can tell the room had been remodeled, new carpet and wallpaper but old furniture still. Had both a Fridge and microwave in room, air dryer is kept at front desk.The people were all very friendly who worked there.Easy to find and real close to the Air Show !

Room Tip: We were on the 2ed floor, very quiet and AC worked well. No clock/radio in room, the only thing I mi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 30 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank John W
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We picked this hotel for it´s price and reasonable reviews online. We were not disappointed. Service was friendly. The room itself a bit outdated, but not bad. Slept well. Big parking space. Enough food options, all along the Main road.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bonairetraveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Havelock
Econo Lodge
Hampton Inn Havelock
#1 of 7 in Havelock
Bridgepointe Hotel and Marina
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores

Been to Sherwood Motel? Share your experiences!