“Great Stay!”
Review of Deerfield Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hayesville
Deerfield Inn
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I was in town for just one night for business and wanted to be close. This was the only place to stay and what a great place it was! Everything was perfect. Normally you can find at least one thing to complain about, but not here. The room was spotless and tastefully decorated. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. (Which is important to someone who travels often). Upon request a coffee pot was added to the room. The bathroom was spotless and even the towels were soft! The view from the room of the lake was beautiful. My only complaint was that I was only in town for one night. I will definitely stay again when I am in the area. One last thing, the staff is excellent. Attentive to detail and needs. Great place. Well recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
InnMngt, Guest Relations Manager at Deerfield Inn, responded to this review, 28 April 2013
We are certainly happy you were pleased with your stay. Thank you for giving us a try! We look forward to being your lodging choice when you return to the area.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Sometimes you find the best things by chance. My wife and I were driving home to Atlanta from TN one snowy February day and found ourselves in a pickle. We were driving through the mountains, when the snow started falling heavier, and the roads were getting worse. We were driving a small, front-wheel drive rental that we could feel slipping more and more. After cresting one mountain, it was clear that we wouldn't be able to make it up another. So we slid and skidded down the mountain at 20 mph, hoping to make it to the Hamlet of Haynesville before inevitably being stranded. As the sun was setting, we started seeing homes. And then, the Deerfield Inn. We just barely made it. In fact, our car didn't make it up the driveway and was stuck there for the night. What luck! My wife checked, and yes, there were vacancies, and yes, they would accept our English bulldog. The wonderful property manager, Maria, is the kindest, warmest woman you could hope to meet. And after vainly trying to shovel our car free, the nicest maintenance man ever, Lemco (sp?), offered us a frozen entree to tide us till morning. And what a morning! We pulled back the beautiful quilts that had kept us warm and squiggled out of the angel soft beds that cradled us through the night. The sunrise cast hughes of fire and lavender over the tranquil lake the Inn overlooks. It was a postcard if I ever saw one. We'll never forget the immaculately clean rooms and incredibly kind staff that saved us that night. We've debated whether to bring friends for a weekend here, in the mountains, or whether to keep the secret for ourselves. One thing is sure, though, we will be back. :-)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KFavreu
InnMngt, Manager at Deerfield Inn, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
It truly was a snowy night in Hayesville! We are happy we were able to offer you a warm and comfortable stay. Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your experience. Next time you visit, instead of getting stuck in the snow, maybe you will enjoy horseback riding at a nearby stable, or renting a boat on Lake Chatuge. We will look forward to your return.
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I went into the Deerfield today to talk with someone about reserving rooms for a wedding in June and our short visit left me anxious to tell anyone and everyone about how great our experience was! The owners were incredibly helpful and welcoming. Maria was more than willing to do anything to accommodate our wishes. She showed us the newly remodeled rooms and we were blown away with the cleanliness and homey feeling of each room we previewed. I highly recommend the Deerfield Inn for anyone visiting the area!

• Stayed January 2013
InnMngt, Manager at Deerfield Inn, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Thank you for your recent visit to Deerfield Inn. We will be honored to be your choice of lodging for guests of your upcoming special event. It was a pleasure to show you recent improvements to the inn property. We are happy you were pleased!
Gun Barrel City, Texas
Reviewed 4 December 2012 via mobile

Thought I would try it.
Beautiful view from the Inn
Recently renovated room was very nice
No coffee etc in room
No breakfast in a m.
The pillow top mattress was comfortable
A very nice country home town place to stay.
Since change from a main line commercial hotel
I would stay again
Very friendly

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank K9sniffer
mjlmanagement, Manager at Deerfield Inn, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at Deerfield Inn. The staff is working hard to make our guests feel at home. Please accept our apologies regarding the oversight of not offering you in-room coffee. At check-in each guest is offered a coffee pot and coffee condiments. We will pay closer attention to this important detail. We will look forward to your return visit!
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed 1 November 2012

What an amazing experience. We visited at the end of September, to meet up with family for my birthday. The staff (and the entire surrounding community) were very friendly, accommodating and warm. The rooms are clean and 'homey'. The view from any one of the 20 or so rooms looks directly out onto Lake Chatuge. Absolutely breathtaking. Any time I return to the area I will certainly stay here!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms - it just depends on how far away from the office you want to be...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Powder Springs, Georgia
Reviewed 22 October 2012

The new owners that took over in June of 2012 are very helpful and friendly. They have greatly improved the appearance and the atmosphere of Deerfield Inn. What a home-like feel they have given this "Inn with a wonderful view" of Lake Chatuge.

My husband and I visited in September to celebrate his birthday and had an awesome time there. I enjoyed it so much that I am coming back in October to enjoy the changing leaves. When you visit the Inn, get to know Maria and her father. They are very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: They are renovating all the rooms and they are beautiful and super clean.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I was fortunate to spend a night at the Deerfield Inn. Upon my arrival I was greeted by Maria, who is warm and friendly. The exterior of the building is clean and the grounds are well maintained. This motel has a unique country charm that the chain motels fail to possess. I was very pleased with the room I occupied. The King bed was exceptionally comfortable, the decor was pleasing and the most important, the room was clean. Outside of the each room there are chairs for the guests to take in the breathtaking views of Lake Chatuge. I took advantange of this accomodation and almost forgot I was in Hayesville on business. When I checked out I met Raven, who is a lovely lady. We chatted about the area and shared a few stories. My entire experience there was a warm unique experience and I will recommend friends and family stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Donna34230
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayesville
Lake Chatuge Lodge
Best Western Of Murphy
Chatuge Mountain Inn
Chatuge Mountain Inn
#1 of 2 in Hayesville

Been to Deerfield Inn? Share your experiences!