“Nothing Fancy”

Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

It's an older hotel for the Holiday Inn Express chain. This being my second stay in two months and the hotel (lobby) is being renovated and I'm not sure if they plan on doing the rooms too. At any rate it's not bad for the price. The breakfast is the standard HIEX menu. Wifi Internet has good speeds and connections.
Desk staff was friendly and helpful and knowledgable for local eateries.
Parking lot is small - if you stay here park next to the bushes because someone will back into your vehicle. (my vehicle was backed into) it's very minor but be advised.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Compman72
There are newer reviews for Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Behind the check in area the tear in the wallpaper was held up with a tack. Laura was very helpful, but the younger front desk people not so much. Walking out of elevator on to 2nd floor one sees the smoke alarm hanging down from ceiling and the hall A/C broken. Usual good breakfast.

Room cooled well with Outside cool air, A/C not effective. Beds clean and comfy. New tube and new fixtures, some more torn wallpaper in bath. Floors not clean, doors inside in poor condition. Overall, a mixed bag, but worse HIE we have ever seen.
Just too many negatives.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom D
General M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear Tom D,

We are sorry about the tear in the wallpaper as we are undergoing renovation and are in the process of removing all of the wallpaper in the public areas. I am happy to hear that Laura was helpful and will look into the matter of the younger front desk staff and will re-train. Happy to hear that the breakfast was good.

Thank you for also mentioning that the beds were clean and comfy, and the new TV and Fixtures. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations and hope you will give us another chance to make it up to you.

Please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

This hotel is old, and it shows! It felt dirty, cramped and the employees were anything BUT helpful! To add to my displeasure, my truck was broken into in their parking lot, and my daughter and I lost almost everything. I did file the police report and insurance claim, but would have expected the hotel to do something. They just responded with "what do you want me to do?" I will NEVER stay here again, and would never recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Dear Julie S,

I am extremely sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I am also sorry that your vehicle was broken into and that items were stolen. I hope that the police and insurance company will be able to help you sort everything out and hope you are able to recover everything that was taken.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist the police and/or insurance company in this matter.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

My first impression of this Hotel staff was not great. When I oberved and interacted with Carrie (Food Service) and Tamica (Front Desk) on the next day My opinion changed. They both provided great customer service. They performed their respective duties enthusiastically wth pride. I would like to commend both of them for serving people with a caring attitude.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Dear James J,

I am terribly sorry that your first impression of our hotel staff was not Great. I am glad you had a change of heart once the interaction with both Carrie (breakfast bar attendant) and Tamica (Manager on Duty) took place. Our goal is to make our guest happy and to create a home away from home. I will make sure that both are commended for service they have provided to you and the other guest staying with us.

Thank you for your review and please contact us directly if there is anything else we can do for you. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 7 October 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel in Henderson and would definitely stay there again. From the moment I checked in I had a great experience. Friendly and helpful staff! Great customer service! Hotel was clean. Felt safe in the neighborhood. Room was clean and spacious. Location was good. Breakfast buffet was very good - especially the warm cinnamon rolls!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank advntrr60
General M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Dear Advntrr60,

Thank you so much for leaving us a wonderful review! It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. We are extremely pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your stay with us. We strive to be the best in customer service and satisfaction and it is always great to hear that we are achieving those goals. We are most happy to hear that our hotel was clean, safe, spacious, and a good location for you.

Thank you for your thoughts and we look forward to seeing you on your next stay with us!

Reviewed 4 October 2012

I had been traveling with my church, when I got there my AC wasn't on and due to my age it was VERY HOT, the young lady bought me her personal fan from behind the counter. My clothes had some how gotten wet on the bus, she offered to dry them for me she bought them back folded very nicely. I woke up early while a young man was fixing breakfast, he offered to fix my roommate and I a cup of coffee and continued his work. This hotel was very nice, breakfast was great we left shortly after I would rate it a 10!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
General M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2012

Dear BettyJea,

I am terribly sorry that your A/C was not working and that your clothes had gotten wet on the bus. We strive to be the best in customer service and enjoy making our guest happy. Thank you for rating us a 10! It is great to hear that we are achieving our goals. Thank you for commenting on our breakfast and the fact that the breakfast bar attendant was attentive to your needs.

We appreciate you and the church group staying with us and hope to see you all again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Front Desk was very pleasent, I was acknowledged as a Priority Member, though not Plat. she still went above and beyond. Mica came from behind the desk to assist me carry my bags in because there wasn't a cart avail. Later she recommended a wonderful Restaurant where she called ahead and had us a table waiting. When we returened she had baked cookies for my kids! My room was very nice and refreshed the housekeeper Lance greeted my family with a joyful smile. Laura also offered us a late check out which was a delight being we were all full after breakfast.

Room Tip: Book rooms away from Elevator and Doors
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Dear Toni,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a phenomenal review. We love to treat all of our guest with the highest level of customer service. We strive to be the top hotel in customer service and satisfaction and it is always great to hear that we are achieving these goals. I apologize for the cart as it may have been in use and am pleased that Mica was able to help you with your luggage.
Thank you again for the review and we hope that you will stay with us again in the near future!

Susan Lail

Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Hampton Inn Henderson
#1 of 2 in Oxford
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 9 in Henderson

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson? Share your experiences!