“Yummy breakfast.”

Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

This hotel could use a bit of a face lift but overall pretty decent and clean (minus some areas in the bathroom that haven't been wiped down in years). The employees were super nice and friendly. Breakfast was "deluxe" continental and probably saved us some money since we didn't have to go out for food. The breakfast, in my opinion, makes the hotel a pretty good value.

• Stayed: June 2013
General M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time our of your day to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Henderson, NC on TripAdvisor. We value and absolutely love hearing from our guests!

Please accept my sincere apologies if you were left to feel disappointed with the cleanliness of the bathroom. Did you report any of the above mentioned issues to our Manager of Duty? We have a Manager on Duty 24 hours a day to assist with any guest concerns. Be that as it may, I can certainly appreciate what an inconvenience this was for you and your family. I am, however, happy and very proud to read your appraising remarks about our hotel being clean and comfortable overall. Thank you for acknowledging the dedication of our staff along with the nice and friendly service they provided for you.

The Holiday Inn Express brand offers FREE Hot Breakfast to all if its guest and the brand has put much thought into making it "yummy". We are pleased to hear that we saved you some money and that you felt we provided a good value to you.

Again, I am so terribly sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us, however, I do hope that you give us another opportunity in the future to exceed your expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly regarding any questions, concerns, or comments that you may have.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Mrs. Marilynn made my stay worthwhile. She was very tentative to my needs and others. She contributed heavily to the overall comfort during my stay. She is such a pleasant joy to my visit. Thanks so much Marilyn!

• Stayed: May 2013
General M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express Henderson, NC on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to read your positive comments about your stay and the wonderful service you and your family received by our evening front desk team.

We have a great team of hospitality professionals that does whatever it takes to create lasting memories for our guests.I shall certainly extend your great comments to our entire hotel team, especially Mrs. Marilynn. I am very pleased to read that you hold such fond memories of your stay. For all of this and more we sincerely thank you.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Henderson, NC in the near future.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

On a trip my wife and I decided to spend the night in Henderson, NC. We found this hotel and asked if a non-smoking room was available. Kietta Gooch, the clerk on duty, said there were none, but a smoking one was available if we wanted to visit it to see if the smoke odor was too strong. She showed us the room and I said it would do, but would it be possible to do anything to lessen the lingering smoke odor. Kietta said she would ask Housekeeping to do something, which they did. My wife and I had great room at an reasonable price, and a very nice complementry breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

On behalf of my team, we are very pleased to read of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Henderson, NC. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for complimenting on our team of colleagues for their friendliness and attention to detail.

Please let us know the next time you are in the Henderson, NC area and we will be happy to roll out the red carpet for you!

Reviewed 15 April 2013

When traveling we usually stay at upper scale hotels. My husband had a fishing trip planned so he just picked a hotel close to the tournament. Wow, what good luck. This hotel comes out ahead of their stiffer competion. The rooms were clean, the staff was very pleasant, and it had an amazing price. The breakfast at this hotel was compared to an IHOP or Denny's. This breakfast was hot, and very tasty. Great, great all around experience. This Holiday Inn Express should set the standard for the rest of the company, and to other chains. Pat yourself on the back Henderson Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: All around great hotel so any room you get should be okay. You will love the breakfast at this hotel...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank debharrelson

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Henderson, NC for your recent stay traveling for the fishing tournament, and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us versus our competitors.Thank you for your heartfelt acknowledgement and for complimenting our team of colleagues for their friendliness, attention to detail, hotel cleanliness and for recognizing that our professional service team goes above and beyond to roll out the red carpet for our guests. We are also thrilled to read that you compared our hot breakfast to that of IHOP and Denny's! We appreciate you choosing our hotel! This, in itself, is the ultimate goal we are looking for from guests like yourself.

Your kind words are appreciated by all of our team and management that works exceptionally hard to provide the incomparable level of service that our guests come to expect when staying with us. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again for the next fishing tournament!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I travelled with my friend to NC for a business trip, we are introduced by a friend before we book, according to him he told us that he was treated very well and that the rooms are excellently clean and the location is excellent, we decided to book it and give a try, when we got there, what attract me most is the cleanliness of the room and the location, we are treated well and the wifi internet runs fast, i really enjoyed my stay in Holiday Inn Express, NC,my appreciation first goes to our friend who introduce us and also the housekeeper supervisor and her staff , and also to take note, the swimming pool needs to be provided, all the same i will rate my stay excellent.

Room Tip: rooms are spacious and neat and thw wifi internet runs fast
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Henrietta570
General M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Thank you for posting a review from your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Henderson, NC.

I hope that you and your friend had a great business trip. It is wonderful to hear that you were referred to our hotel from another guest who has also shared a similar experience to the one you received. This, in itself, is the ultimate goal we are looking for from guests like yourself. I also want to thank your friend that referred you to our hotel. Thank you for acknowledging the cleanliness of the room, the WiFi internet, and the Housekeeping Team.

Your kind words are appreciated by all of our team and management that works exceptionally hard to provide the incomparable level of service that our guests come to expect when staying with us. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again!

Reviewed 5 April 2013

I have stayed at plenty of very nice and new and/or newly remodeled holiday inn express hotels...this is definitely NOT one of them!!! Gross and outdated are two adjectives I have in mind. If I hadn't been driving all day and had not already prepaid I would not have stayed! Trust the bad reviews because they are honest! What a horrible ending to a week long vacation!!! Specifics: moldy spots on ceiling tiles in lobby, hallways, and room where leaks were; undeterminable stains on sheets; smoke smell in lobby area; ancient furniture in lobby; circa 1980 carpeting in entire building; hot stuffy room which took forever to cool down (it's 45 degrees out??); telephones out in whole hotel (tried calling them to find exact location since GPS on both car and iPhone didn't work). That should be enough...

• Stayed: April 2013
General M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2013

Dear Skidaweb,

I am extremely sorry to hear that we fell short on making your stay with us a 100% satisfactory. We are an older hotel and are in the process of renovations. During your stay with us we did have a telephone outage caused by lightening due to a rain storm and apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to make it up to you if you are visiting/passing through Henderson, NC.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

The service is good, the rooms are excellently clean , the location is excellent, with good amenities,
my appreciation goes to the supervisor and her staffs, all things being equal you guys need to provide good swimming pool.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and sunny
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank EMMANUELI69
General M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear Emmanuel169,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time in leaving us such kind words. Our team strives to be number one in customer satisfaction and appreciate your comments. I am happy to hear that the service, the cleanliness of the rooms, the location and the amenities provided were 100% satisfactory during your stay. My apologies that we do not have a swimming pool on site. Working with our local YMCA we do give all of our guest access to the entire YMCA facility including a large pool and hot tub.

We look forward to you staying with us again in the near future. Please call us ahead and we will make sure that everything is ready for you.

Susan Lail

Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Hampton Inn Henderson
#1 of 3 in Oxford
Travelodge Henderson
Travelodge Henderson
#8 of 9 in Henderson

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson? Share your experiences!