“Not great, but a good value”

Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Henderson
Salisbury, North Carolina
“Not great, but a good value”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed one night while on the way to another destination, and we were only there from around 10:30 pm until 7:30am the next morning, so for our purposes, this was a good stop.

I agree with some of the other reviews that there were some areas that needed sprucing up, but overall our stay was positive.

We were able to clearly hear the guest in the next room snoring. That's one of the reasons I always carry a sound machine when we travel. The machine did drown out the snoring so that it wasn't really an issue.

The ladies working at night and in the morning, both on the desk and in the breakfast dining room, were some of the friendliest hotel staff workers I've ever seen. These women were cheerful and helpful, and that's always nice to get on the road.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Susan L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear lordnelson1805,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent stop in Henderson and for taking the time to write a review. I am very glad that you found your accommodations to your satisfaction and that our staff was helpful. We are scheduled to undergo a major renovation in the very near future.

I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Henderson area.

Susan Lail

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Caeur D Alene
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed

First. Find it if you can. It's hidden behind a restaurant and the gps doesn't even know where it is.

Lady in front desk was nice. The bed seemed clean.
That's about all the positives

Let's start.
Elevator takes as long as of the hotel was 15 stories and it's only 2
The elevator smells bad. Like old humidity
Fridge makes too much noise.
The shower/tub doesn't drain. (Nasty)
Doors walls and carpet is outdated and looked worn
The electronic key takes 5 Attempts to work.
The office chair was broken and the back rest was in full recline even though it's not a reclinable.

I don't understand how it is a holiday inn express. They are always newer and sharper.

I strongly encourage you to look elsewhere

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Susan L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Jaime U,

I am very sorry that you had a difficult time locating our hotel, and that you did not feel that it met your needs. Although we are an older Holiday Inn Express, we try very hard to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and service. We normally do not have any problems with our elevator so I apologize if it took longer than you expected during your stay.
We are planning a major renovation in the near future, so I hope you will give us another chance to impress you the next time you are in the Henderson area.

Henderson, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Very old Holiday Inn hotel and very outdated. No greeting of any kind from lady at desk when I checked-in. Beds are very old and sunk in just by appearance so didn't even need to test how old they were. Flooring in my room had stains in many palces and had hard time in bathroom because it was microscopic. Thin paper walls which resulted in hearing a lady in a different room yelling at someone 2-3 rooms from me. Hallway is filthy (stains on walls, doors, and flooring). Paid over $100, at most the price should be $65 for the poor facility and service.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Susan L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Jeff H,

I am very sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Although we are an older property, we try very hard to maintain a high level of service and cleanliness. I regret that you did not feel this to be the case during your stay with us. I hope that the next time you are looking for a room in the Henderson area you will give us another chance to impress you.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 April 2014

It was my first time staying in a Holiday Inn Express Hotel. The hotel was clean, my room was very nice. The service of the staff was excellent. The breakfast in the morning was great. Ms. Carrie who prepared the breakfast was very nice and she keep the kitchen clean for the quest. Thank you Ms. Carrie and the rest of the staff. I will us this hotel again when I travel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lisa r
Susan L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Lisa R,
Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Express and taking the time to write a review. I am very happy that you had a pleasant experience while staying with us, and that our staff was helpful. Carrie in the breakfast bar is a true treasure. I am glad that she made you feel welcome.

Please do come back to see us the next time you are in the Henderson area.
Henderson, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We had a great experience while staying here at this hotel during a snow/ice storm recently. The hot breakfast bar had a great assortment of delicious foods and beverages. The food server, Miss Carrie, was very friendly and she was wonderful about making sure that you had everything that you needed. The front desk staff were also very friendly and informative. The room was spacious and had everything that we needed during our stay. I would quickly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in this area. Thanks for your hospitality!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Amy D
Susan L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear AmyD,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express. I am very glad that you found our staff to be helpful and that you were pleased with your room and with breakfast. We always try to offer our guests a comfortable, pleasant experience while they are with us. I am pleased that you feel we succeeded.
Clemmons, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The staff and management at this hotel goes out of there way to make it a great stay. Very Close to restaurants and shopping. They have a excellent free breakfast and passes to the YMCA. Very clean rooms at a great price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rhick
Dear RHick,
Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express during your recent stay in Henderson. I am very glad that you found our service and accommodations to your liking. We try very hard to provide the best service we can, and I am glad that you feel we succeeded.
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review. I hope that you will come back to see us the next time you are in the Henderson area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Hampton Inn Henderson
#5 of 9 in Henderson
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Oxford

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson? Share your experiences!